ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x470 Taichi - PSU and CPU fans ALWAYS spin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x470 Taichi - PSU and CPU fans ALWAYS spin
    Posted: 26 Dec 2018 at 1:19am
Hi all

I wonder if anyone could help me with some issues I'm having with my PSU fan and any fan plugged into the CPU fan header.

Basically, when the machine is in its 'off' state, these fans continue to spin - that is they never stop, unless of course I turn off the main switch on the PSU.

Now the PSU fan does stop spinning if I disconnect the 24 pin power connector from the board, which leads me to think that it is a BIOS setting, but as I am new to an AMD setup and there are so many settings in the BIOS I don't know where to go or what to do. I have tried to clear CMOS but this hasn't helped. Can anyone comment on what power setting may affect the PSU? The PSU is a fresh EVGA 850w B2 Supernova.

The CPU fan also always spins, even when the pc is off, and I can find the settings for it, but I don't seem to be able to stop it when the pc is off! Again any help would be greatly appreciated.
Wox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2018 at 4:17pm
I also recently discovered that the graphics card fans are also spinning, regardless of whether the main power cables are in or not.
paologab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paologab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2018 at 6:03pm
Hi
You should give sone more details to be helped, i.e. bios version, os, etc.

Before someone more skilled answers, afaik there is no option to switch off fans (so one can't accidentally burn something...)

I suppose you're using Windows, are you sure that you didn't suspend to ram or hybernate? Instead of shutdown?
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X w/Wraith prism
x470 Taichi bios 3.50
16gb HX432C16PB3K2/16 (hynix H5AN8G8NCJR-UHC)
M.2 970 EVO, SATA SSD, 2 SATA HDD
AMD Radeon RX 580 8G OC
Linux Kernel 5.4
Manjaro Stable XFCE
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic