ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

asrock z390 phantom gaming 4-cb

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Legitmod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: asrock z390 phantom gaming 4-cb
    Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 1:36pm
Are there any details about this motherboard. When i look on the main website there's nothing. This board came in a cyberpower pc build i see the phantom gaming 4-9 on the website but like said nothing on the asrock z390 phantom gaming 4-cb can someone chime in an give some knowledge.
SARDONICK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SARDONICK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 4:59am
This is the board that came with my CyberPower system and I'm regretting every minute of it. Can't update bios, can't get support and feel really scammed on this. All in all, it's got the potential of being a nice board, but the OEM nonsense is killing it.
Legitmod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legitmod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 12:03am
Originally posted by SARDONICK SARDONICK wrote:

This is the board that came with my CyberPower system and I'm regretting every minute of it. Can't update bios, can't get support and feel really scammed on this. All in all, it's got the potential of being a nice board, but the OEM nonsense is killing it.
Well this is what I've found out the phantom 4-cb stands for custom build and there's a custom bios for these MB that is being distributed for them I guess to keep people from tampering or whatever I guess. I got fed up and just put a new motherboard water cooler and memory plus gpu the system I have. My cyberpower rig cost me 1800 I rebuilt my pc same one for that price with better parts
SARDONICK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SARDONICK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 1:06am
Originally posted by Legitmod Legitmod wrote:

Originally posted by SARDONICK SARDONICK wrote:

Well this is what I've found out the phantom 4-cb stands for custom build and there's a custom bios for these MB that is being distributed for them I guess to keep people from tampering or whatever I guess. I got fed up and just put a new motherboard water cooler and memory plus gpu the system I have. My cyberpower rig cost me 1800 I rebuilt my pc same one for that price with better parts

You're dead on! No more Cyberpower or Asrock for me. Done.
The_Viking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Viking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 5:02pm
DAMN, I should have came across this post before I bought the Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ac.!
I had a hope that they (asrock support) had a way around the problem to update the BIOS.? here is the answear I got.

"For technical issue and emergency case, we suggest you to contact your dealer first.
If your dealer can?™t solve your problem, ASRock web site also offers FAQ and CPU support lists (https://www.asrock.com/support). Some similar questions or solutions could be found there and our technical support engineers update the FAQ every month.
If it is regarding repair/RMA service, please kindly check with your dealer for related service. Please remember to record the model name & product serial number for future tracking.
Thanks for your email,
ASRock Technical Support Division"

DAMN, that is the worst & LAME answear I EVER have got from any support the latest 19 year's.!
NNLocke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NNLocke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 5:13pm
There IS in fact an updated BIOS for the cyberpowerpc mobos you folks are using, and can be found here:

http://www.cyberpowerinc.com/drivers/?dir=Motherboards/BIOS/Asrock

Ran across this elsewhere and still had this tab up, so figured I'd share. I think this is going to solve your issues.
AKA Whiplash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AKA Whiplash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 10:37am
This is the newest version given to me by a tech support guy on the Cyberpower website: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RcIz2bj7mos8oeV-3_n69th5yoX8ld1V/view?usp=sharing

It's the 4.31 update, which was released 2/14/20.

This took me forever to get; enjoy.
grape_kulaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grape_kulaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 9:05am
I've done everything I could find or think of to try to diagnose the random complete feezes that forced me to hard reset every 10-30 min while gaming for MONTHS now. This worked. If anyone else is looking, this is legit and fixed me up in no time. I was about to buy a new MOBO after seeing tons of posts elsewhere about ASRock not supporting this because it's a custom build and CyberPowerPC not supporting it because it's not their product. THANK YOU!!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic