ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350 Pro4 with T-Force Delta RGB 2667

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seeyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350 Pro4 with T-Force Delta RGB 2667
    Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 5:09pm
Hello guys,

I need help with OC-ing my RAM with XMP 2.0. The RAM is T-Force Delta RGB 2667:

https://www.teamgroupinc.com/en/product/delta-rgb-ddr4

It has XMP 2.0 available, but when I apply it, the PC makes 3 beeps, then resets, makes 3 beeps again, resets and then one single beep again. After that it boots with default RAM clock of 2400 MhZ.

Do I need to do something else apart from choosing XMP 2.0, or are my RAM modules just not good enough (even though they are clearly rated as able to hit 2667 MhZ).

Thanks
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 7:34pm
Hmm, 2667 is not that high of a 'speed'. You should be able to run the RAM easily.

Check if RAM is seated properly. Stupid DDR4 slots are tricky to play with.

Make sure you've put the RAM in the right slots (consult manual). Then, clear CMOS, reboot, update BIOS,reboot and clear CMOS again. Try applying XMP again.

If you still can't boot w/ XMP, you may want to bump the mem voltage a bit, say 1.36V to 1.38V. Bumping SoC voltage could also help.
Seeyan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seeyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 5:26pm
Hey,

Slots are A2 B2, so that is okay.

BIOS is latest version.

I have cleared CMOS before already, does not help.

I have tried the voltage increase to 1.35, again did not help.

Have not done anything on the SOC voltage. Then again, the RAM is rated XMP OC-able at 1.20v, so upping to 1.35v is a pretty steep increase, without success. This leads me to believe the voltage is not the problem.

Could it be that my RAM sticks are just not good?
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 11:23pm
After all that was said and done till now, there is a good chance the RAM is bad.

You could try booting each stick (solo) @ XMP.

There is also a chance that the mobo and/or CPU are bad too.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic