ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Weird issue wont boot to bios

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
mgrandy@hotmail.co.u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgrandy@hotmail.co.u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weird issue wont boot to bios
    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 6:57am
yep followed the effective method above

still wasnt able to enter bios in anyway shape or form with windows 10 hdd. popped in my windows 7 Hdd still got nothing from display then powered off monitor and back on and i was siting at reset cmos screen and entered bios. coz i have numlock on i can tell if it is on bios screen due to numlock staying on usually when i can enable and disable it has booted to windows already. thinking more a GPU/driver issue as its only thing i updated often. a clean install of the GPU driver on windows 10 when it rebooted first time i got to bios screen and it booted normal asrock UEFI logo and all. renewed the driver then went back to nothing right back after. getting late now so ill stick on windows 7 while its working the driver engages as if there is a signal but shows blank screen thats why i decided to turn monitor on and off when numlock was stuck on. Bios battery was defo out of action so needed replaced.
fx 9370 asrock, fatal1ty 970 performance 3.1, NZXT phantom f-atx, AeroCool Integrator 850W, Corsair Hydro Series H100
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 6:18am
Check out my thread here for a full CMOS clear, the bad battery could have corrupted the BIOS settings.

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=630&title=how-to-clear-cmos-via-battery-removal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgrandy@hotmail.co.u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 5:39am
ok old one was 0.51v so dead. popped in a 2.97v you would think this would reset my cmos but still defaulted to orignal clocks which i had set and time didnt default back to 2016 think i should try clearing cmos again or hitting the clr button? or both :D still no boot logo or even a boot option decided to cancel the windows 10 reinstall just in case was just a low bat
fx 9370 asrock, fatal1ty 970 performance 3.1, NZXT phantom f-atx, AeroCool Integrator 850W, Corsair Hydro Series H100

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgrandy@hotmail.co.u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 5:16am
yes that was going to be my next guess will get back to ya got a few lying about time to whip oot the volt meter see what we are sitting @ waiting on windows 10 reinstalling probs not the best idea seen as how i cant access bios and it works
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 3:59am
It looks like you may have a dead/dying CMOS battery. The BIOS shouldn't revert to defaults unless there was post failure (3 times in a row) or clear CMOS was used.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgrandy@hotmail.co.u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 3:34am
Edit:- tried windows power options settings and stopping fast boot and also utility "ASRock Restart to UEFI" all with no luck.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgrandy@hotmail.co.u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 2:11am
Specs

Asrock fatilty performance 3.1 bios ver 1.1
Amd Fx 9370
850w gold rated PSU
360mm Rad custom cooling (few mixed fans)
300L/h or 600l/h pump
32gb ddr 3 1600 mhz ram
1030 2gb ddr5 GPU
windows 10 v1809 64 bit

Things ive tried.

clearing cmos button, clearing cmos jumper, removing the battery, changing out hdd, removing all ram + usb's and removing the GPU. software wise ive tried to boot in through the windows advanced settings with no luck just reboots to windows screen oh and a few different power switches

The issue

windows 10 wont boot to UEFI or post or go into bios unless ive left powered off for a good 10-20 mins nether will the bios reset.

On a normal boot i will get the asrock flash screen to enter bios, it will then show asrock logo then proceed to boot to windows 10.

Recently ive been getting none of this just a blank screen until the windows 10 start screen. Sometimes powered off for 10 mins upon some restarts it will default my bios back to default settings and show the the normal boot listed above.

Also i am able to use the PC, but access to the bios is near on impossible other than leaving powered off for 10 20 mins and hopefully fingers crossed the bios resets itself and i can hit the del/f2 key

when ever i try to reboot into advanced windows settings i have to fully power off the machine due to a blank screen

any help would be great ty

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic