ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Unable to post Taichi x470 ulti

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 5:43pm
On all AM4 boards that provide a display output (or several) you need an APU in order to use them. Currently the only CPUs that can be used with the "onboard" display outputs are:

Athlon 2XXge (200, 220 etc)
Ryzen 3 2200g
Ryzen 5 2400g

APUs listed in order of price and performance. There are also a line of Bristol Ridge APUs but I would strongly advise against those. The list above are the only CPUs I would recommend.

As you already have a Ryzen 7 2700 you will need to purchase a discrete GPU. This is a common point of confusion ever since the integrated graphics shifted from the motherboard chipset onto the CPU (APU). It is further complicated by the fact that most intel CPUs have an iGPU and are not called APUs. It is a common mistake to make, particularly for those less experienced with current hardware
evilized View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evilized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

On all AM4 boards that provide a display output (or several) you need an APU in order to use them. Currently the only CPUs that can be used with the "onboard" display outputs are:

Athlon 2XXge (200, 220 etc)
Ryzen 3 2200g
Ryzen 5 2400g

APUs listed in order of price and performance. There are also a line of Bristol Ridge APUs but I would strongly advise against those. The list above are the only CPUs I would recommend.

As you already have a Ryzen 7 2700 you will need to purchase a discrete GPU. This is a common point of confusion ever since the integrated graphics shifted from the motherboard chipset onto the CPU (APU). It is further complicated by the fact that most intel CPUs have an iGPU and are not called APUs. It is a common mistake to make, particularly for those less experienced with current hardware

Thank you for the solid response, I figured it out and plugged in a old gpu for the time being until my new one arrives, and am up and running now. My last build was a fx series chip so indeed I was not up on current hardware. Also usually I have everything at the ready but newegg decided to split my shipments having the gpu come almost a full week after the rest of the parts. Who wants to sit on a pile of brand new pc parts so I figured I could get everything built and ready to just plug the gpu in on arrival. Was my mistake.

The other guy could have easily summed this up in his first post but wanted to play games like a idiot on support forums, no clue why someone would do that.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic