ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

device removal policy issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: device removal policy issue
    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 3:09pm
Hello, as shown in the image, some devices that should never be available for 'safe removal' are showing up where they should not. The work-around I have rad about online looks too complex for my tiny brain. Perhaps this is a BIOS issue? I wonder if anyone can explain what is going on here? Cheers!

asp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 3:12pm
I should probably also mention I also did a clean install of Windows 10 x64 1809, and the issue is present before installing a single thing. The image shown is after all drivers have been installed, same thing.

My system contains CPU of 2400G which contains Vega 11 GPU, and also Vega 64 GPU aw well. BIOS is set to IGP as primary to allow for dual graphics. IGP will not be set to secondary as this will break dual graphics. Thanks for reading, and have a wonderful day!
asp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 3:14pm
Perhaps I might be well advised to even mention my beloved motherboard is the amazing B450 K4 Fatal1ty, and is sporting the very nice 1.08 BIOS version.
asp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 3:18pm
I suspect that it may be worthy of consideration that in device manager, in the details section, I do note here that the 'Removal Policy' contains the value of '00000002', however I can imagine that '00000001' is the value for devices that shall never be removed in any circumstances whatsoever. I would simply change this value if I could, but sadly there appears to be no way aside from a boot time kludge at every startup.
gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 6:37pm
it looks like the drivers not installed to me
asp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 8:53am
Originally posted by gizmic gizmic wrote:

it looks like the drivers not installed to me

It does look like that. In device manager though you can see that after those seemingly driverless entries, the actual proper device with driver is shown, as a child of the no name entry.

The issue appears to be simply a windows policy issue, possibly the driver isn't telling windows that the device is non-removable. I wish I could change it.
asp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 8:52am
This issue has been corrected in the new BIOS v3.10. WOOHOO!

I am assuming of course. While looking through the new options of this bios, I did try a new one, the 'above 4G' thing, perhaps this is what fixed the issue. I'll never know!
asp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 7:34pm
This issue possibly linked to the following issue:

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=10985

If so, I would hope that if it gets addressed, no further loss of function occurs. The work-around is to simply use iGPU HDMI audio channel along with dGPU HDMI video channel. It isn't perfect, but if this saves resources, then it does make sense to have lost dGPU HDMI audio channels when running dual graphics.

Having said that, even with iGPU totally disabled, there appears to simply be no way at all to have dGPU HDMI audio. This means that anyone with the 2400G type processor installed and a dGPU card looses dGPU HDMI audio.
asp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 7:37pm
correction: this is a the maybe related issue:

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=11121
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic