ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x370 Fatal1ty won't start up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mando424 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x370 Fatal1ty won't start up
    Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 9:50am
This morning, I used a boot kit from AMD to update my BIOS, everything powered up and worked just fine, two updates later, everything seems fine. After putting my Ryzen 5 2600X back on and putting everything back together, it won't turn on. The mobo seems to be getting power as the LEDs come on, but that's it. The power button does nothing, no beeps, no fans, no Dr Debug. Even using the power button directly on the mobo didn't do it.

I tried unplugging everything that wasn't plugged in when I did the BIOS update to see if something there was the issue but it wasn't. I took everything apart and started over. After getting the CPU back on the board, I plugged in the power and tried to start it before getting too much farther, but the same results. I then took my Ryzen out, put the boot kit CPU back in, and still nothing.

What should I check next? Anyone know what may be wrong?

MBD: x370 Fatal1ty Professional
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X
GPU: MSI GTX 1080ti
PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W
RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 3200 2x8gb
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 5:24pm
Try leaving only 1 stick of RAM and clear CMOS.
mando424 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mando424 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 4:11am
One stick of RAM yielded the same results
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 4:57am
Sounds like a BIOS flashing went wrong to me. Most likely yoy would need another mobo.

Usually when Dr.Debug won't lit up, it is a good sign the mobo is dead.

Well, as a last resort you can try tearing the whole build down, and then rebuilding it. Clear CMOS once more for a good measure.
mando424 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mando424 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 6:09am
UPDATE: I had a bad power cable going to one of my SATA components and it was causing the PSU to short or something. Removing all cables and resetting the PSU fixed the problem, then we were able to identify the bad cable and now everything is functioning normally.

Bless semi-modular PSUs.
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 6:14am
Thanks for the heads-up!

This serves to tell us all that often it's hard to give a 100% accurate advice from distance, and it's always good to never assume anything. Keep digging, never get anything for granted, never give up.
mando424 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mando424 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 10:17am
Exactly! That's also why I always post follow-ups when I ask for help, you never know when it'll help someone else.
MBD: Fatal1ty x370 Professional Gaming
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X
RAM: Corsair LPX 3200 2x8gb
GPU: MSI GTX 1080ti
PSU Seasonic Focus Gold 750W
OD: Asus DRW-24B3ST/BLK/G/AS
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic