ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac RAM support

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korenor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac RAM support
    Posted: 28 Oct 2015 at 12:03am
Hi!
My new mobo does not support my RAM model - I figured it out by looking through the Memory support list:
http://asrock.com/mb/Intel/Fatal1ty%20Z170%20Gaming-ITXac/index.us.asp?cat=Memory
The thing is, the list not mentioning which BIOS it refers to - there are 2 updates with "improved DRAM compatibility" but my question is whether to try updating the BIOS with another memory (which i don't have) or just buy another kit of Memory.

ANY help will be much appreciated,
TIA
beepbeepcar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beepbeepcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2015 at 1:12pm
Which RAM you using? I have Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 2666Mhz Ram which isn't on the list either, but it's working fine on the Gaming ITX board, with 1.0 BIOS. I haven't updated my bios and it's working fine.

My suspicion is they're not updating their RAM list correctly.
patrick_aus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick_aus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2015 at 5:54pm
I also have this problem.
I have two Corsair Vengence LPX DDR4-2400 (not in the ram compat list) and one Kingston DDR4-2133 (in the ram compat list).
When powering on the motherboard, it gave out alarm of three long tone, which means memory not found.

I found bios 1.3 improve ram compatibility. But how could I upgrade the bios without proper ram module?
It takes a long time for RMA. I don't like this option.  :(
jwsg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwsg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2015 at 7:15pm
a) I hope and trust Corsair is OK as that's what I've bought
b) If you think one module is OK then just try booting with that one
c) normally you would buy a kit of two identical modules
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2015 at 8:13pm
The supported RAM list is almost never updated from the time the board is released. The supported list is simply a list of RAM modules and kits that were tested by ASRock prior to product release. It is more of a courtesy than a "don't use it if it isn't listed" thing. Most RAM manufacturers will list supported boards as it is by far easier to test multiple RAM modules for them than it is for a motherboard manufacturer. The list provided by ASRock and most other manufacturers simply offers a guideline and a few modules that are guarantied to work should you be experiencing incompatibility. 

You should check the RAM's product page for additional compatibility listings, bare in mind that if one ASRock Z170 board (for example) is listed as compatible then it is very likely that all ASRock Z170 boards will be compatible.   
patrick_aus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick_aus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2015 at 8:14pm
I bought another Z170 itx board, as I could not wait a long time for RMA.
My memory modules all worked in the new board. So I think it should be related to the motherboard or ram compatibility.

I hope ASROCK could provide a better solution for us, such as sending us a chip with latest bios.

Originally posted by jwsg jwsg wrote:

a) I hope and trust Corsair is OK as that's what I've bought
b) If you think one module is OK then just try booting with that one
c) normally you would buy a kit of two identical modules
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic