ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z77 Extreme4 USB 2.0 Issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KTZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z77 Extreme4 USB 2.0 Issue
    Posted: 28 Oct 2015 at 2:33am
I believe I have a chipset issue with windows 10, but I have not been able to resolve it with any of the files I have found in the download section for my motherboard, and Intel doesn't seem to have any results for me either. In my device manager I have the following two host controllers listed as other devices.

Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 1E26
Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 1E2D

So my USB 3.0 ports work but none of the USB 2.0 ports work. Not the ones on the board itself or the ones on the front of my tower. I am open to a suggestions for a solution. I have listed below my current motherboard and processor.

Motherboard: Z77 Extreme4

Processor: Intel Core i7-3770

KTZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KTZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2015 at 3:46am
I did forget to mention the ports work in the bios and in safe and have power when the system is running normally.
Malfuncion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malfuncion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 9:42am
I have a very similar issue.

I had a windows 10 update and then the only USB ports that work are the USB 3.0 ports and the USB 2.0 ports don't.

Motherboard: ASRock P67 Pro3 SE

My controllers are the same except the my controllers are.
Intel(R) 7 Series/C200

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 9:53am
Originally posted by Malfuncion Malfuncion wrote:

I have a very similar issue.
< id="kpm_plugin" ="application/x-KPMPlugin">

Try deleting the controllers and reboot, letting Windows re-enumerate them and hopefully install the driver(s) proper.

Failing that I'd uninstall the Intel INF and ME drivers currently installed, reboot, and install the INF and ME found on the Windows 10 download page for you MB, dated Sept 11 2015
< id="kpm_plugin" ="application/x-KPMPlugin">

Edited by wardog - 03 Dec 2015 at 9:53am
Malfuncion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malfuncion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2015 at 10:48am
I tried removing the controllers and rebooting with no success.

I also tried installing the INF and ME found on the windows 10 download page, with no success.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic