ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Killer SLI/ac - Wrong BIOS?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X370 Killer SLI/ac - Wrong BIOS?
    Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 8:41pm
I recently built a new machine with an X370 Killer SLI/ac I purchased from Newegg. I was attempting to upgrade to the latest BIOS but the instant flash just wasn't recognizing the 5.10 file on my USB stick. That's when I noticed that the existing BIOS version was beta 4.63, which only exists on the non ac version of the board. I tried the non ac 5.10 version and it applied without issue. The board is definitely the ac version as it has the wireless card and antenna assembly. Why and how would the board have shipped with a BIOS version for the wrong model?
crony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 1:43am
I misspoke. The original BIOS on the board was beta 4.61.
crony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 10:29pm
Also, BIOS detection of an SSD in the M.2_2 slot is very spotty. Some boots it sees it, most times not.
Samwise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samwise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 7:01am
Same issue. It recognized SLI bios. updated to that and now just black screen on start up
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 7:07am
These boards don't have a BIOS recovery option, as far as my knowledge goes.

You may want to try to seek warranty coverage or open a ticket with ASRock. Check their site for a link.
Samwise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samwise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 2:52am
I just went back to far because it kept saying I need an earlier bios, so I stuck at 1600 in and it works fine now with BIOS 3.0 but it will only recognize BIOS updates from the Killer SLI page NOT from the Killer SLI/AC page. The board has the wrong bios on it and I dont know how to fix that?
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 3:50am
I understand you perfectly.

I don't think there is a publicly known method to revert to your original BIOS version.

Your options, like it or not, are:
- re-solder a new BIOS chip
- open a ticket with ASRock TSD
- RMA the board
- get a new mobo
- sue ASRock (?) if you are in a decent country
crony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 9:08pm
I'm finding that the motherboard sees the SSD in the M.2_2 slot on a cold boot, but not on reboots. I'm not sure if that's because of the BIOS or if it's a compatibility issue with the SSD that I'm using.
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 10:48pm
I thought you can't even POST when you said you got black screens!

Well, as the mobo can POST, just clear CMOS and try getting 5.10 from its page again. Maybe ASRock put the wrong files? I think they have done it in the past as well.

After the CMOS reset, try flashing the 5.10 which you downloaded now. It should work.

If the new flash actually worked, clear CMOS again and see what happens. If not, you may want to contact JZ for the latest BIOS for your mobo.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic