ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z390 Taichi Ultimate v4.0 BIOS?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 9:37pm
Quote The latest BIOS for each motherboard are listed as below.BIOS updates for more models will be added soon.

I think this is what ASRock_TSD is referring to. I guess we will find out more once the list gets updated
RLGL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLGL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 10:17pm
There is a new bios file listed for my Z370 gaming K6. Also a big disclaimer:

*User will not able to flash to previous BIOS once upgrading to this BIOS version.
**We don't recommend users to update the BIOS if their system is already running normally

Looks like Use at your own risk!
Asrock Z370 Gaming K6,Intel i7 8700K,
Asrock x570 Taichi

jgroeli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jgroeli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 10:02am
Where can I get more information about the latest bios 4.1? Which processors benefit from the updated Intel microcode?

The linked url to the news release page has no details about what the update actually contains.

I downloaded both the windows version and the instant flash version of the updater, and neither one included a readme file or any other kind of revision log that I could find.

Please let us know what these updates contain so that we can make an informed decision about installing them.

Thank you!
CHnuschti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHnuschti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 8:51am
Originally posted by jgroeli jgroeli wrote:

Please let us know what these updates contain so that we can make an informed decision about installing them.

I agree, quite useless, that link to the news detailing out nothing.
Haven't even received my Taichi z390 Ultimate yet (my first Asrock board ever) and wanted to research in advance what's about those new BIOSes offered.

I fear alredy now that this board is supported as lousy as it is/was at ASUS, getting inconclusive answers from the personnel once a week.

What I figured out, I suppose it has to do with the stepping of the new processors of 9th gen. See the compatibility list:
https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Z390%20Taichi%20Ultimate/index.asp#CPU

Example i5-9600k (P0) (=>P0 refers to the stepping) lists BIOS 1.2 at least needed. Where the i5-9600k (R0) (=>R0 being a new version of the stepping) lists BIOS V4.00 needed!
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/9th-gen-core-cpus-r0-stepping,38932.html
A qualified clarification would be useful.

I also agree on the BIOS downloads. Nothing included, no f**** notes at all, left over for try&error and fail, disappointing.
CHnuschti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHnuschti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 12:30pm
Regarding the mentioned stepping P0 and R0 of the new processor, what implies different needs of a bios at asrock and elsewhere, check this list:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_Core_i5_microprocessors#Coffee_Lake_microarchitecture_(8th/9th_generation)
The stepping is added in the parenthesis and the sSpec label (eg. SRELU for the i5-9600k P0) is printed on top of every processor, so easy to identify.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic