ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

I can no longer access my BIOS -AB350

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZeroMaverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I can no longer access my BIOS -AB350
    Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 3:34am
Hi! So I'm not sure what the issue is, but ever since Friday, my PC has been booting past the AsRock boot screen, going straight to Windows login.

The relevant parts of my build:

CPU: Ryzen 2600X
Motherboard: Asrock AB 350 Pro 4
GPU: XFX RX 580

Here's what happened. I downloaded and installed (clean install) the 19.3.3 update from Radeon. Right after I did this, my GPU stopped displaying the BIOS and POST screens and after a delay will display the Windows login screen. I've tried the following:

-Rolling back to the previously working 19.1.1
-Resetting CMOS by removing the battery and using the jumper
-Changing cables, display monitor, and display port

Nothing. It's strange. I could understand if it wouldn't display anything at all, but the only thing it isn't displaying is the UEFI. If I press F2 on start up, it will open the UEFI (but won't display it). I have to hard power off the PC to get it out of the UEFI.

I am able to see the BIOS if I remove the 2600x and use a CPU with an iGPU and plugging directly into the mobo, but if I plug into the GPU I lose the BIOS screen. This is making me think it has something to do with the GPU, but for almost a year, I've been using the same GPU without any issues. After logging into Windows, everything works fine. Games run great, no problems.

Any ideas? I've been all around the web, and no one has been willing to shed light on what could be going on here.

ZeroMaverick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZeroMaverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:28pm
Anyone?
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 1:05am
Try another PCIe slot for the GPU or try re-seating it into its current one.

Clear CMOS once more afterwards,

If this doesn't help uninstall the current GPU driver and see if the default Win driver solves your issue.

It's worth it to update to the latest BIOS, and check for GOP/option ROM settings there.
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 1:06am
Oh, you may also want to check if there is an updated BIOS for your GPU.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic