ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock Online Support is Poor at Best

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishdom49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock Online Support is Poor at Best
    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 2:41am
Hi all,

I was getting ACPI 4 and 5 error warning (and may still be getting them). The default recommendation is to update the BIOS and/or contact vendor support. So, I updated the BIOS and that did not fix the problem. THen I contacted vendor (ASRock) support... and what a surprise?

First, they tell me to go back to the store to see if they can help me and I refused to do that. Then they asked exactly when the ACPI warnings occurred and I could not associate any function that would trigger the warnings. So I stated to do things on my own, like disable sleep, disable wake-on lan, etc, and each time I reported what I did to support, and they never had they courtesy to respond back. Anyway, today I get an RMA registration request, and, of course, I have to ship it and wait for a new board to arrive. Now, who in their right mind would ship a pc board, live without a PC for an indeterminant amount of time, and pray that the new board arrives soon?

In summary, i updated the chipset driver and haven't had an ACPI error warning for a few days so that may be a good sign. And, there are no visible problems with my pc other than the logging of the ACPI erro warnings so why would I tear it apart?

My next motherboard won't be an ASRock and it is only because they have no valid support group!
SolderGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SolderGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 3:17am
Originally posted by fishdom49 fishdom49 wrote:

First, they tell me to go back to the store to see if they can help me and I refused to do that.

And there is your mistake. The first question from the store would have been "Have you updated your drivers?"
Not the support is bad, you just refused to follow the advise of the support.
And if you do not follow the advise of support, they can't help you.
Then you keep spamming them with "reports" that don't help at all, and now you think the support is bad?
AMD FX-8350
ASRock 970A-G/3.1
16GB DDR3 1600
XPG S11 256 GB M.2 SSD
Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 4GB
(+ a total of 7 120mm fans wich are annoyingly loud because i can't get fan control working in Linux Mint)
fishdom49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishdom49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 4:43am
Actually, now that you mention it, they are extremely poor so I just downgraded them a notch because of your sarcasm. FYI, the store would have told me to go to the ASRock website and download the latest chipset driver for the specific mobo "directly from the ASRock website", and, since I had already done that when I installed the mobo, they would have been lost for any other recommendation. You think those sales people really understand drivers and motherboards? If so, you are a very poor judge of character.

So, I ran the intel driver installation utility and they did not find any driver that needed updating; however, I did manage to find a later driver by manually searching with chipset parameters and then i downloaded and installed it.

Again, and why should i have to go to the store to hear tyhem say "have you updated all your drivers toi the latest version when ASRock support could have just as easily typed that direction and saved me a 40 mi trip to the store? You have a lot to learn.
SolderGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SolderGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 4:54am
Originally posted by fishdom49 fishdom49 wrote:

Actually, now that you mention it, they are extremely poor so I just downgraded them a notch because of your sarcasm. FYI, the store would have told me to go to the ASRock website and download the latest chipset driver for the specific mobo "directly from the ASRock website", and, since I had already done that when I installed the mobo, they would have been lost for any other recommendation. You think those sales people really understand drivers and motherboards? If so, you are a very poor judge of character.

So, I ran the intel driver installation utility and they did not find any driver that needed updating; however, I did manage to find a later driver by manually searching with chipset parameters and then i downloaded and installed it.

Again, and why should i have to go to the store to hear tyhem say "have you updated all your drivers toi the latest version when ASRock support could have just as easily typed that direction and saved me a 40 mi trip to the store? You have a lot to learn.

Sorry if it came across as sarcastic to you, it was not meant to be.
I have been building my own PCs for over 25 years now, and for almost 20 years i have been using only ASRock boards. Never had a single failure.
And it is the normal way of handling things that if you have a problem with any piece of hardware, your first contact is the store where you bought it from. That is just how it works.
If you have a car and it breaks, you go to the car dealer where you bought it from to get it repaired.
If you buy a pair of Addidas sneakers from Zalando and it doesn't fit, you return it to Zalando, not Addidas.
This is the normal business procedure in every industry on this whole planet.

And yes, the guys in a computer store usually know their whit, unless you buy Apple.
AMD FX-8350
ASRock 970A-G/3.1
16GB DDR3 1600
XPG S11 256 GB M.2 SSD
Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 4GB
(+ a total of 7 120mm fans wich are annoyingly loud because i can't get fan control working in Linux Mint)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic