ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Intel wireless card not recognised by BeeBox J3160
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Intel wireless card not recognised by BeeBox J3160

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Intel wireless card not recognised by BeeBox J3160
    Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 8:31pm
I have installed an intel 7260HNW dual-band ac wireless mini-pcie card in my beebox in place of the Realtek AC8821AE it was originally supplied with.

However after reboot the adapter is not shown in device manager. I have tried re-seating the card and cleaning the pins, plus clearing the cmos and re-booting all to no avail.

I re-installed the Realtek card and that was recognised/installed as normal.

So I'm wondering if there are any known compatability issues or if it's likely just a bad card?

I bought the card 2nd hand off eBay but before asking for a return I thought I'd ask the question.

My o/s is Windows 10 pro 64bit.

Thanks
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 4:59pm
Dear Onum,

Thank you for posting your query to ASRock Forum.

BeeBox J3160 supports M.2 E Key. If mini-pcie Wifi module is used,
it will not work. Kindly install with M.2 E Key module and try.

With thanks,
ASRock TSD
onum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 1:46am
Hi, if you refer to the following link on Asrock's Beebox Series webpage you'll see that both m2 and pcie versions are made.

https://www.asrock.com/Nettop/Intel/Beebox%20Series/index.asp#Manual

I definitley have a pcie version (it states it on the conformance sticker on the chassis "RTL2281AE IEEE802.11 ac/b/g/n BT-Combo PCIe minicard" which is the adapter supplied with the unit from new).

Also in the manuals, the m2 version wlan cards have two key notches whilst the pcie has one (like mine).

I have since tried the Intel card in a laptop which recognised and installed the card normally so the card isn't bad.

So I'm back to the question why is my beebox - or possibly windows - not detecting it's there?
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 11:09am
Dear Onum,

Thank you for your reply.

Sorry it was my mistake that there were two versions of J3160 made.

We have checked with mini-pcie type 7260 WiFi module and it can work properly on the board.

Please try to same WiFi module on other PC to confirm Wifi module is working.
Otherwise please use different 7260 WiFi module to see if it will work.

With thanks,
ASRock TSD

Edited by ASRock_TSD - 17 May 2019 at 11:11am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic