ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

H97M Pro4 NVMe

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smccloud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H97M Pro4 NVMe
    Posted: 30 May 2019 at 3:28am
Does the H97M Pro4 support booting from an NVMe drive in a PCIe to M.2 adapter card?
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 11:38am
Dear Smccloud,

Thank you for choosing ASRock.

H97M Pro4 adds NVMe support since BIOS P1.40 and can boot up from NVMe drive.
https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H97M%20Pro4/index.asp#BIOS

Thank you!
Yours truly,
ASRock TSD
T-m0n3y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T-m0n3y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 11:54pm
Hi :)

I am having some trouble with using an NVME M.2 expansion card through my PCIe.

I have an ASRock H97M Pro4, the same as the user above, but have a freezing issue - I can't figure out if it's a hardware compatibility issue with the SSD and expansion card or a compatibility issue with the motherboard.

MOBO: ASRock H97M Pro4 (with latest BIOS)
Expansion Card: ORICO NVME M.2 Expansion Card - PSM2-X16
SSD: SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS NVME M.2

I can get windowns installation files onto the SSD and get the MOBO to boot from it, but once it tries to read anything from it, it freezes; I get the same issue if I use it as a "storage device" as an extra drive - It will just freeze up.

I have taken to a PC shop and they had the same issue using the expansion/SSD combination with a different MOBO and has the same freezing issue; we had reasonably determined it was a faulty expansion card but have since got it replaced with a brand new ORICO expansion card... and having the exact same issue again!

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated!

*Yes, i know i should just upgrade my MOBO, but I just don't want to yet if I can avoid it - trying to buy parts that I can use when i upgrade.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic