ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350 Mini ITX shutting off

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyphacipher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350 Mini ITX shutting off
    Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 7:21am
I have the AB350 Mini ITX board and whenever I play a video game the computer randomly shuts off. Temps are normal. I've RMA's the board and the new one still does the exact same thing. Here are my specs and what I've done.

Asrock AB350 mini itx
Ryzen 1700 (never OC'd)
Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 (also used Geil DDR4 2400)
120gb M.2 sata, kingston 240gb ssd (also tried that)
PNY 1050 ti (returned 3x for new ones, and tried a radeon 6900 also)
550w Corsair CX550 (also a Ultra 650, and EVGA 600).
Windows 10 1903 (and previous versions)
Just updated bios to 5.60 today (current)
ID Cooling water cooling, idling at 32deg, max about 40 with load.
All AMD/Nvidia drivers are up to date.

I've replaced every part in the computer (with the parts listed above). The computer ran Aida64, Prime, Pi, Furmark all fine. Both brands of memory passed Microsofts and memtest86 flawlessly (and the Corsair ram just arrived this week). All 3 power supplies were new. When i run firestrike, the computer shuts off. Heaven benchmark also shuts it off. Furmark (openGL) won't crash it. I've reformatted the computer at least a dozen times, and tried mechanical and non M2 ssds. The time it takes to crash is random.
Finally, out of desperation i bought a Gigaabyte AB350M micro atx board and used the exact same parts and it ran flawlessly since Dec. The only reason I tried the Asrock again was due to there being bios updates that I thought would fix it. I've read on these forums that there are others with the same issue, but was wondering if there is a fix somewhere I'm missing.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic