ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B360M Perfomance can't recognize GPU

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote padzdesign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B360M Perfomance can't recognize GPU
    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 7:55am
Hello there, I'm new around here, I went through all the threads about this but nothing could help, so Im here for the last shot.

My situation is a little bit tricky, but lets get started

My pc set
MB: AsRock Fatal1ty Gaming B360M - Perfomance
CPU: i7 8700
GPU: GTX 1660
PSu: CORSAIR 650W
RAM: 2x 8GB HYPERX KINGSTOM
SSD: WD Green 120 GB

I bought it all last friday. Everything works great for a week. My nightmare began when I needed to set up 2 different displays in my computer yesterday. The port in the GPU worked fine, but the motherboard didnt. So I read that the offboard could turn off the onboard ports. The pc's first start was with the GPU already installed, so I guess that Intel graphics were never properlly installed (never showed up on DEVICE MANAGER) (I thought the mobo was going bad) so I removed the GPU and started the pc without it. It worked, I started to download Intel Graphics driver and everything was ok. Then I went to BIOS and set up the multidisplay and boom. Everything works great.

Well, I thought so. After a reboot some hours later, I realize that one of the monitors just goes black. One thing about my monitor: I can only pick the channels in INPUT when the tv recognizes it. So the monitor knew there was something connected to it, but no display was showing. I thought this was incredible weird. I use an app that shows the temperature and other statuses for all the pieces and the nvidia was there, super ok and around 25~30 C, but after this reboot, the pc only displays in the motherboard ports. So I right click desktop and this freaks me out. No nvidia control panel. Tried to use the GeForce Experience: nothing. Windows can't detect my GPU. Device manager cant find it, drivers says it wont install because they cant find a compatible hardware, GeForce Exp sh*ts on my head. I'm starting to get desperate. Everything was too damn expensive and out of warranty (the store could only give warranty if they were the ones to set up the pc for extra 200 dollars, thanks brasil)

What I tried so far:
Removing and installing again the GPU.
Disabling multidisplay.
Some dude on the web told about uninstalling NVIDIA drivers in device manager by showing hidden objects, I did it, I regret it. Cant install nvdia drivers anymore.
Tried drivers search programs. They cant find nothing.
Boot only with motherboard and later with GPU.
Fan and light from GPU works, its my last hope that its not dead.
Praying. a lot.

ps: in the middle of all this, i reapplied a little of thermal paste in the i7. Could this be any harmfull to gpu at all?

thanks in advance.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic