FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please Help, Need help choosing mobo for 3600

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please Help, Need help choosing mobo for 3600
    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 4:50am
Every ATX mobo running X370, X470 or X570 chipsets have option to split the 2 PCIe slots (both wired to the CPU) into 2 x x8 lanes.

You could use a x1 server GPU in some lower slot, if no secondary M.2 drive is used.
Ash3000k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash3000k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 1:32am
Thanks for the reply, I dont mind GPU slot having 8 lanes as its only a server and the GPU is only there to run the monitor, no gaming etc.

kschendel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kschendel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 1:21am
You aren't going to be able to do it if you insist on 16 lanes to the GPU, there simply aren't enough PCIe lanes available as there are 20 PCIe lanes available from the CPU, and 4 more PCIe 2.0 from the X470 chipset. What you could do though is set two x16 slots to run at x8 each; for most GPU's, 8 lanes really is enough. I know the Taichi can be set up this way, haven't looked at the other boards but I'd expect similar.

Ash3000k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash3000k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 10:31pm
Hi all,
I hope you all can help, I find the spec sheet on the website confusing when it comes to PCIE slots.

I'm thinking of buying a Ryzen 5 3600, and I want a ATX ASrock mobo to go with it,

My only issue is that I need slots for the following:

1 x GPU (low power)

1 x RAID card (8 lane PCIE)

1 x M.2 SSD

Must be ATX

I cant seem to find any that have a 8x secondary PCIe slot?   
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic