ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

No Bios on First Boot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brentbenedict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No Bios on First Boot
    Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 11:08am
Hello,
Longtime Mac user here, building my first gaming PC. This is my first build in 15+ years, so I decided to get some of the newly released components this week. I went with a ASRock X570 Steel Legend Mother Board, AMD Ryzen 5 3600X, Sapphire Radeon RX 5700, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3600

My full component list is here: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rNj36s

Everything arrived today, and I very excitedly put it all together in the case. I plug it into my monitor and it won't show BIOS when I boot up the computer. I've tried a few different monitors and TVs with different HDMI cables that work on other devices. I have also tried removing the RX 5700 and plugging HDMI direct into the onboard video output. That also did not work. I have tried the CPU cables (4+4) plugged into the 8pin slot, but there is another open 4 pin slot next to it. My understanding is that extra 4pin connector is not necessary to boot. All of the monitors in my house right now are technically TVs, would that effect it?

The lights on the motherboard start flashing as soon as the power supply is turned on, and all the fans turn on when I press the power button. There is a LED indicator that flashes when I press keys on the keyboard, but no video output.

Any suggestions?
OhhhSimba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OhhhSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 3:32pm
I'm having the exact same issue only with the 3700x and the x570 asrock phantom 4, Ive tried everything and the problem is surely the motherboard, ive heard of people using an old processer to boot it but i dont have any lying around
JBG84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBG84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 7:22am
Brent, you new rig sounds awesome! Great to see you going all out with Team Red too

Unfortunately cannot provide an answer to fix your problem. My money is it's a memory issue. Sadly the ASRock AM4 platform is still plagued by this. Am an X370 owner usnig a R5 3600 and can only boot at 2400MHz and I feel fortunate to be able to do that, quite a few people having boot problems - my money is on memory support (but I could be wrong for your case).

Worth trying some different memory, get something real cheap even a single stick DDR4. Just for troubleshooting purposes.
Sandymangina81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandymangina81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 4:30am
I?™ve got a very similar setup with parts .. and have experienced this issue it is intact a memory problem . Which slots are you poppin those bad boys into make sure it?™s a2/b2
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic