ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x370 gaming x [error] Missing errors occur

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kai87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x370 gaming x [error] Missing errors occur
    Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 6:06pm

Good day dear community,

I put together new PC and built together.

Now I have found the following problems [have latest BIOS version]

- 32 GB ram 4 bars, only run at 2133 MHz
- then that from time to time CPU and GPU fan does not turn and so does not start with PC and goes out again
- that pc starts and after 3 sec ca reboots again and that again and again

Has an idea where that could be because it is really annoying.

- have today all memory individually tested with memtest go and error free.
- Have every Ramslot tested on motherboard with a deadlock then also started the PC, if 2 in DUAL mode not.

and then he had snapped full pc made and later tried, and now draw there he runs again if nothing had been.

Sincerely, from the coast

~~~ Kai87 ~~~

Teile:

- AMD Ryzen 5 3600
- Asrock X370 Gaming X X370
- 250GB 1.5/3.4G 970 EVO PLUS M.2 SAM ( Windows )
- ASRock Phantom Gaming X Radeon RX580 8GB OC
- be quiet! Pure Power 11 CM 600W ATX24
- D416GB 3200-16-18-18 Ripjaws V K2 (32 GB 4 riegel)
- be quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Sincerely, from the coast
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 7:33pm
Oh boy, where do we start? :D

You are using an old mobo, which is not wired electrically for high speed RAM. That's uh-oh #1.

But it runs on an experimental BIOS build. That's uh-oh #2.

You are running 4 sticks of dual-rank RAM, possibly to even in the QVL for that combination of CPU and mobo. That's uh-oh #3.

Your best course of action is to check all components' seating, clear CMOS and wait until BIOS is fixed. In the meantime you can tinker manually with the RAM settings. There are countless threads here explaing some of the concepts.

edlebert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edlebert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 8:20pm
The RAM speed and POSTing issues is a nightmare we've all been living. ASRock released BIOSes for all of their B350, B450, X370, X470, etc motherboards based on an older buggier version of AMD AGESA Combo 1.0.0.1. This version seems to be unstable with the new Ryzen 3000 CPUs. All the other manufacturers have released BIOSes based on 1.0.0.2 or 1.0.0.3 already. Another issue plaguing these BIOSes for all manufacturers is M.2 device recognition. A lot of SATA M.2 devices are not being recognized by the BIOS, and even some NVMe M.2 devices. I myself had to go out and purchase a new one just to be able to use my new Ryzen 3600.

If you can get your system to finally post, reducing your RAM speed to at most 3000 seems to help, but make sure it's still getting at least 1.35 volts. Sometimes SPD settings dictate 1.2 volts at 2133 (which was the case for me).
thomdoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thomdoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 2:38am
Hello, I have pretty much the same problem with new build on micro atx steel ledgend mb with Ryzen 5 2600x cpu and Gskill F4-3000C16@-32GTRZR DDR4 4 stix at 8gb each.

I receive 3 short post beeps during two post attempts then one short beep and the system boots to RAM speed of 2133mhz.

When I selected the 3000 speed in bios advanced OC settings it lists the speed of 3000 so, I would assume the board can handle the speed. Don't know why the speed would be listed if not supported.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic