ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B450M-Pro4 not recognizing Corsair MP510

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
red_liw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red_liw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B450M-Pro4 not recognizing Corsair MP510
    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 11:49pm
Hi,

I have a B450 Pro4 (firm. p3.50) with a MP510 480Gb (ECFM 12.3, maybe because this) and both worked with no problems.
I only plugged the ssd in M2.Ultra slot, without any additional configuration in BIOS.
Gerginix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerginix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 2:09am
I'm having the same problem. I am using the MP510 2TB and X99 ITX / AC. SSD only worked 10 hours. Then he became invisible. I thought the M2 port was broken. The 950Pro was working at 256gb. The 950 Pro did not work after the MP510 was locked. Then he recovered spontaneously. The MP510 still does not work. I'm waiting for an answer from Asrock. I hope they don't say, "I'il see Corsair."
hobbicon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hobbicon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 12:20am
Thanks for replying, I have s MP510 960GB, so I should give it a try.
FadeToBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FadeToBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 11:52pm
No, it hasn't been resolved in time for me anyway. I've been mailing back and forth with Asrock support and we tried a lot of things.

I tested upto bios 3.50, 3.60 came after I gave my friend his pc.

In the end it only had issues for me with an MP510 480Gb, a 960Gb one worked, both with same firmware (ECFM 12.2).

Overall I've tried 5 or 6 different nvme ssd's on the mobo (including an optane drive), all worked except the MP510 480. I've tried the MP510 480 in 3 other motherboards (one Asrock, one Gigabyte, one Asus) and it worked perfectly every time.

It may have been fixed by now as Asrock support was going to contact Corsair to figure out what's going on. The last email was from a month ago, but since it was a system I was putting together for a friend he didn't really want to wait any longer and I ended up using a Samsung 970 evo plus.
hobbicon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hobbicon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 10:24pm
Hey,

did you resolve the issue? I have a MP510 and I am thinking of buying a B450M-Pro4.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FadeToBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 3:33am
Some extra info:
- The M.2 Ultra slot has no issues with a Samsung 960 Evo
- The firmware on the Corsair is the Physon 12.2

Is there any way to make this work or should I go look for another mobo?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FadeToBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 3:03am
I got all my parts for my new htpc a few days ago and after putting it all together I've started with the software. While doing so I encountered the problem that the Corsair MP510 480Gb is not recognized whatsoever. The cpu is a Ryzen 5 2400G. No other drives/aib's are installed. RAM is installed, 16Gb kit (2x8) of Ballistix Sport LT 3200Mhz which is recognized properly.

- The Corsair nvme ssd is put in the M2.Ultra slot on the mobo.
- I have confirmed the drive itself isn't faulty by trying it in my Asrock B250M-HDV, I could install Windows without issues in that pc.
- I have upgraded the bios to 3.40, it came with 3.30 out of the box. Drive wasn't recognized before and after.

So I'm wondering if I need any specific bios setting or driver install for the drive to be recognized, considering it worked on my other (older) pc I would think not.

I haven't tried putting in another drive in the slot to see if it can read that as I don't have any nvme ssd that aren't in use atm and I prefer to try all other things first before I pull one out of a working system and try it in a possibly faulty M.2 slot.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic