ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Instant Flash V2111 BIOS update stuckat 98%

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lycius84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Instant Flash V2111 BIOS update stuckat 98%
    Posted: 10 Nov 2015 at 10:36am
Hi,

While I've been battling issues trying to get my PC running using this new Z170 Pro4 motherboard, I decided to download the news BIOS (2.50) from the website. While updating the UEFI Update has gotten stuck on 98% and I can't use my keyboard or mouse to cancel it.

Any suggestions?
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2015 at 12:08pm
The main thing to do is do NOT turn off the PC!!

What method are you using to update the BIOS/UEFI?

I always suggest using Instant Flash, with the extracted UEFI file on the USB flash drive.

If you are using Instant Flash now, all you can do is press the Reset button and try to get back into the UEFI again. Since the Crashless feature was processed during Instant Flash, leave the USB flash drive in the PC (in a USB 3.0 port on the same connector as the network cable jack) and get back into the UEFI to start Instant Flash again. Actually, Instant Flash should start by itself, if you were using it.

If you were using the Windows UEFI update method and stuck in Windows, prepare a USB flash drive for Instant Flash, put the USB flash drive in the PC as described above, and press the Reset button. Again try to get into the UEFI via the Del key to start Instant Flash again, which may start on its own as I described above.

Let us know how it goes, Good Luck!!
Lycius84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lycius84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 8:53am
unfortunately my case doesn't have a reset button. So this didn't help much. I appreciate trying.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic