ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

z97 extreme 4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dgaither289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: z97 extreme 4
    Posted: 12 Nov 2015 at 1:30am
Okay so i had the Z97 pro 4 board and loved it was so easy to set up compared to my 2008 build (AMD) i went with  a I7-4771 cpu this time, got that board back in sep, on Sunday the 8th i lost video but the pc was still running and i could talk to my friends in teamspeak, this happen a couple of time then finally it wouldn't do anything , all the light would light up but wouldn't turn on, change psu but that wasn't it, i returned it to Micro center where i also bought the protection plan exchanged for the extreme 4 and paind a little extra. got that board installed and all it will do is power on for a brief sec then shut off . any thoughts before i return it ?
Darren
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2015 at 3:07am
Could you give us your full system specs please. I am guessing that you are using a dedicated GPU in the system as you mentioned teamspeak which is typically used for gaming. My first suspicion given your post would be a failed GPU to be honest. Without more information I am only guessing though so please provide more system details.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic