ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B450M Pro4 Cool'n'Quiet Option

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KGDorsidhion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B450M Pro4 Cool'n'Quiet Option
    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 9:40am
Where did this option disappear to? Im reading some people are switching this from Auto to Enabled and its making a difference with temps and idle voltages. Was this pulled from available options in BIOS?
B450M PRO4, RYZEN 5 3600, RTX 2060 SUPER, CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 3200 MHZ
cheetahmen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheetahmen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 4:14pm
Same here.

It's best not to confuse users, asrock.

I regret updating my bios to latest version.

cheetahmen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheetahmen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 4:22pm
BTW, do you guys know that Asrock boards don't recover from failed OC values and don't apply manual values when OC failed?

We have to load the default values and type all the values from the beginning.

If you are reading this, please do something!
Ray62 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 5:13pm
Cool'n'Quiet Option obviosly is also removed in newer bios versions from other vendors. It seems, it is an outdated feature and not required for Matisse, i guess.

AMD CBS->Zen Common Options->Global C-State Control
and/or other options related to power management are the places to configure.

A discussion on reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/cmgapq/enabling_coolnquiet_from_bios_was_on_auto_removed/
Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming Offline
Under test:
MSI X570_MEG_ACE | AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Scythe Mugen5 | 2x16GB F4-3200C14D-32GTZ@3466 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE
kell490 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kell490 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 1:24pm
I need to disable cool and Quite running freenas file server it keeps rebooting. According to google search the issue is Cool and Quite needs to be disabled. I see later version of bios removed the option. Does that mean it's enabled by default? The user manual for the B450 says it was enabled by default when the option was there.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic