ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

No BIOS (Code:A2) on z77 extreme4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Lenny1910 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny1910 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No BIOS (Code:A2) on z77 extreme4
    Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 10:33pm
Always check your peripherals before posting ....

It was my display....

Plugged the System to my TV and everything is working fine.
RLGL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLGL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 9:46pm
From the asrock debug list:
A0 - A7
Problem related to IDE or SATA devices. Please re-install IDE and SATA devices. If the problem still exists, please clear CMOS and try removing all SATA devices

Remove one at a time until the system boots.
Asrock Z370 Gaming K6,Intel i7 8700K,
Asrock x570 Taichi

Lenny1910 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny1910 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 11:40pm
Hi.
I'va some problems with my board. Everything worked well in the past. But then my system wasn't in use for a year or something, because I moved and work and so on....

Recently I put everything back to power and started the system. Nothing happened.
I thought that the CMOS battery was low or empty, so I tried to put in a new one, did a CMOS reset via the button on the back of the Board and everything started and worked well.
I did some driver updates for GPU and Windows Updates and switched off the system.
On the next day I had the same problem with no BIOS, no booting. So I did another CMOS reset and - again - everything worked fine. I searched for the newest BIOS for my board and did a BIOS update. Afterwards the System started like it should for 2 days and I thought that everything is fine now. But since yesterday I've the problem with no BIOS/no boot again. The dr. debugger code where the start procedure stops is A2, which is related to Harddrive Issues.
I tried to boot with and without any HDD. I tried to boot with just one of my 3 HDDs with every single one. Nothing changed.
So I tried to put the Memory on the other channel, nothing. I tried to boot with just one Memory on every slot, nothing.
I removed the GPU, nothing. I removed all Case-USB-Connectors, nothing. I tried to reset the CMOS countless times via Jumper, Button an Battery removal. Nothing changed the status of the boot process. It's still stopping at A2.

My System specifications:

128GB Crucial m4 SSD 2.5" (6.4cm) SATA 6Gb/s MLC synchron (CT128M4SSD2)
ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Intel Z77 So.1155 Dual Channel DDR3 ATX Retail
8GB (2x 4096MB) Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3-1600 DIMM CL9-9-9-24 Dual Kit
Intel Core i5 3570K 4x 3.40GHz So.1155 BOX
650 Watt Corsair TX Serie Modular 80+ Bronze
Scythe Mugen 3 Rev.B SCMG-3100

+2 old SATA HDDs ( I can't remember the type now)

Maybe I can put in a new BIOS chip, but I'm not sure if the old one is the problem... I don't know what I else I can try...
Does anyone have more suggestions, what I can do?

best regards Lenny
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic