ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Help getting DDR3 2133 to work with z68 Extreme4
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help getting DDR3 2133 to work with z68 Extreme4

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 11:11am
Originally posted by Hips and Nips Hips and Nips wrote:

So for future reference, this is a scenario where buying chips with the same product numbers are still compatible despite a 4 year difference.

Ohhoho count yourself lucky there. Many manufacturers change too much over the course of four years.

Lucky indeed.

Anyways, it's great it's good news to hear it's up and purring again. Enjoy your OC'ing and watch your temps don't exceed the 2500K's 72celcius.
< id="kpm_plugin" ="application/x-KPMPlugin">
Hips and Nips View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hips and Nips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 2:49pm
Thanks.  Hey, this is off topic but maybe you know something about why my second SSD drive is not recognized in BIOS but I have been using it in Windows 7 for about a year now? I noticed this because I saw in task manager that Intel Rapid Storage process is taking up 25% of my CPU's resources. Reading up on it, it was suggested that my SSD drives were not operating in AHCI mode. So I checked BIOS and it is in AHCI mode but I then noticed that the second drive isn't recognized at all.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 4:04pm
We don't know anything about your second SSD. How's about listing off your system specs for us here.
< id="kpm_plugin" ="application/x-KPMPlugin">
Hips and Nips View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hips and Nips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 5:59pm
ASRock Z68 Extreme4
i5-2500k
you know the RAM ;)
MSI GTX 970 4gb
Corsair HX750 PSU
128GB Crucial C300 SATA III SSD (boot drive)
500gb WD HD
256GB Crucial MX100 SATA III SSD (The one that isn't recognized) Link to product page: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KFAGCWK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

Windows 7

My belief now is that it may be in a SATA port that is causing it to be recognized as an external drive somehow.  I think maybe I should try a different port?

Edited by Hips and Nips - 30 Nov 2015 at 6:03pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic