ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

What BIOS version is H97M Pro4 shipped with?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejpeake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What BIOS version is H97M Pro4 shipped with?
    Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 5:53am
Hi,

I just ordered this through newegg because I need a motherboard that's compatible with a Broadwell processor.

This page says that the processor is supported with BIOS P1.70 and up: http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H97M%20Pro4/?cat=CPU

This page says that the motherboard started being manufactured with P1.90 on 5/21/15: http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H97M%20Pro4/?cat=Download&os=BIOS

I know that I can just flash the new BIOS version myself if it's an old version, but I don't currently have an old CPU to POST with. This is the first time I'm building a PC, and I'd rather not have to deal with yet another unexpected setback. I just want to know ahead of time so I can get one if I need it. Newegg is just giving me the runaround about the whole thing. They say they're just a retailer, so they can't tell me any of the manufacturing information, and I can't request one of the newer manufactured motherboards through them. I don't know if asrock customer service could help me out there, but they're closed today.

Thanks for any info!
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 6:18am
IIRC regardless of BIOS revision it'll come with you should still be able to update the BIOS to the latest. Latest being 2.00 as of this writing.

Otherwise, if you're in a pickle/rush, call ASRock, explain your situation, and they will send you a new BIOS chip for $5.00.

USA Support Phone: 1-909-590-8308 (Closed weekends and holidays)
< id="kpm_plugin" ="application/x-KPMPlugin">
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic