ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X570 Creator Not Seeing TB Devices

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryan megan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X570 Creator Not Seeing TB Devices
    Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 4:47am
So the entire point of me buying this board was it's integrated TB support. More than it a bit steamed the functionality seems to not be there.

I am trying to connect a G-Speed Studio Raid enclosure. It connects just fine on neighboring PC with an Alpine TB card. It's TB 2 device using an Apple TB 2 to TB 3 adapter, all has been tested to work fine "plug and play" on macs and the PC with the TB card.

What I've tried: Installed TB drivers from included Asroc MB disc that came with MB. Tried Live update. Tried to grab the drivers directly from the Asrock download driver page. Tried getting driver and software directly from Intel. Following their guide to plug in device, uninstall software, install drivers and then install software.

Thunderbolt Control Center shows I have two ports, but shows nothing connected. Device manager and Drive manager shows the enclosure and correct storage size, but allow direct access. Updating driver through device manager also did not work.

CPU: 3800X.
128GB ram.
GFX: 2080ti.
System hard drive: Sabernet 4.0 1tb Rocket NVME.
Windows 10 Home 10.0.18362
Nothing plugged into Usb 3.2 header

Thunderbolt software:
Application version 1.0.1.8.0
Controller driver version: 1.41.645.0
Thunderbolt 3 (15EB)
NVM Firmware version: 45.0
SMBIOS Version: 3.2
BIOS Version/Date: p1.3.0, 8/1/2019

Please help, otherwise I just wasted a wholllleeee lotta money.
Casey_SJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Casey_SJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 12:26am
I have the same ASRock X570 Creator and also purchased it for the on-board Titan Ridge Thunderbolt controller. Under Windows, everything works. But under macOS I see the following issues (same as you):

1. IORegistryExplorer shows that macOS detects all Thunderbolt controllers (Thunderbolt Bridge, Thunderbolt NHI, Thunderbolt USB 3 Controller). The device tree looks correct except that hot-plug attributes are not present. These are injected by an SSDT, but for now let's put hot-plug aside.

2. When booting macOS with Thunderbolt devices already connected and powered on (i.e. no need for hot-plug), they do not appear in IORegistryExplorer. In other words, just like your experience, no Thunderbolt device gets attached.

3. However, I have not yet connected a DisplayPort cable to the DP-In port. Not sure if that makes any difference, but it's worth a try. Will do so in a day or two.

4. When I boot into Windows (build 1903), all Thunderbolt devices appear and work fine. But then doing a soft boot into macOS still fails to connect any devices.

5. I am running BIOS 1.70.

6. In UEFI Setup (BIOS Setup) there are 2 settings for Thunderbolt:

Advanced --> AMD PBS --> Thunderbolt ---- I set this to "Enable" (default)
    Advanced --> AMD PBS --> Security ---- I set this to "No Security"

With the Asrock Thunderbolt 3 AIC, other users have reported that UEFI Setup contains a lot more configuration settings. But on the Creator we just get the above 2 settings.

According to a technical support email to ASRock, both "Thunderbolt USB Support" and "GPIO Force Power" are enabled by default even though these settings are not exposed to the user.

If this problem cannot be resolved then alas I will have to sell this board and get the ASRock X570 Taichi and the Asrock Thunderbolt 3 AIC.
protopower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote protopower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 4:47am
I have also just got the X570 Creator with the hope of connecting a blackmagic ultrastudio mini recorder via an Apple Thunderbolt 3 to 2 converter and having the the exact same problems as you Ryan!

Did you find a solution?

Thanks

Proto
Proto
Spretus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spretus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by protopower protopower wrote:

I have also just got the X570 Creator with the hope of connecting a blackmagic ultrastudio mini recorder via an Apple Thunderbolt 3 to 2 converter and having the the exact same problems as you Ryan!

Did you find a solution?

Thanks

Proto

I just bought the X570 Creator hoping to connect to our Ultrastudio 4K via an Apple Thunderbolt 3 to 2 converter but the PC doesn't recognise it at all.

Did you ever have any success with this?
Foxfender View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foxfender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2020 at 6:30am
Hi I have the very same problem as the OP my X570 creator will not see my TB devices no matter what I tried, and bought it especially for that TB port :-(

Any help to get my TB stays show up on tente desktop would be greatly appreciated

my build :

W10 pro 64
3950X
RX 5700 XT
128 GB RAM
crucial m2 Nvme 500GB
Corsair i150 watercooling
BEQUIET STRAIGHT 11 850w platinum
Dark base pro rev 2
Foxfender View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foxfender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2020 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by Casey_SJ Casey_SJ wrote:

Under Windows, everything works.

How? Doesn't work with me :( Please help
Xhuman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xhuman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2020 at 11:10pm
The build:

Mesh Midtower
X570 Creator <--- FOR THE T3
3950x
EVGA 2080Ti
G.Skill 64 RAM#3600
AIO
PS 850 Gold
Win 10 - 2004

TB3 Original Driver package, etc. ALL working fine. Upgrade to newest drivers for TB3 - Windows keeps telling me it is safe to uninstall TB3 software? WTF? All of the Files and folders are present, click on TB3 "No Application present. Safe to uninstall the application."

Sometimes an update for a driver is NOT tested and really approved - so an update can present problems.

I uninstall, check the folders, they and all the contents as all there?!?!?
The drivers are not present in Device Manager??? After multiple installs, BIOS config checks the problem remain, then for reasons unknown the updates install but not from the loading software, I had to Right Click the .inf files in the Driver package and left-click install. It was 0230 this morning and I am still nervous about connecting fearing data corruption.

Has anyone here opened a Ticket for support??? If so what happened?   
Never scratch your ass with a broken bottle.
Foxfender View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foxfender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2020 at 11:16pm
Hi!

I did open a ticket for support. After weeks of contradictory answers, Including thelling me the motherboard TB port was faulty and I had to RMA it (which I didn?™t) they finally sent me an unrealeased Thunderbolt driver issues directly from their headquarters (as they said), and finally I have Thunderbolt working, but I still get that silly error message when I start my computer saying that Thunderbolt software doesn?™t run anymore and can be safely uninstalled. I simply ignore that message and then everything seems to work fine.

Very poor quality service from ASROCK, very unserious. Next time will buy from another vendor.
Xhuman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xhuman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2020 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by Foxfender Foxfender wrote:

Hi!

I did open a ticket for support. After weeks of contradictory answers, Including thelling me the motherboard TB port was faulty and I had to RMA it (which I didn?�t) they finally sent me an unrealeased Thunderbolt driver issues directly from their headquarters (as they said), and finally I have Thunderbolt working, but I still get that silly error message when I start my computer saying that Thunderbolt software doesn?�t run anymore and can be safely uninstalled. I simply ignore that message and then everything seems to work fine.

Very poor quality service from ASROCK, very unserious. Next time will buy from another vendor.

Sir FoxFender, thank you for the incredibly fast reply. You are a fine individual and should be applauded.

It appears your problem *mirrors* mine and with that, I can feel better about this very expensive selection which presents some difficulty to deal with intellectually and yes, emotionally. I feel comfortable enough to at least do some "junk" transfer and processing.

The craziest, and annoying of how well everything played with each other till the update. It appears the Devil you know is better than the latest iteration.
Never scratch your ass with a broken bottle.
Foxfender View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foxfender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 1:22am
Hey there !

Well thanks In fact I replied to you immediately as I saw your message because I did myself wait a loooooooong time without any reply to my posts and would not want the same thing happen to you

I think you should open a support ticket as well, the more they get them the more possible they?™ll move themselves to fix the problem I guess.

Don?™t hesitate to be rough on them. I told them that at that price point I was expecting another quality both of gear AND service. ;)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic