ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

What Motherboard do I have??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snorp09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What Motherboard do I have??
    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 4:18pm
The title seems weird, I know. But trust me, I'm not just being dumb and not going to google.

Last month, I bought a CyberPowerPC prebuilt from Best Buy. And to my joy, I found, it has an Asrock Motherboard, since they're my preferred board. But very quickly, when I was setting up my new PC, and updating devices, I realized that my motherboard model, isn't even mentioned anywhere on Asrock's website. In Linux and the BIOS it lists "B450 Gaming" as the Motherboard. In fact, on the board itself, it says B450 Gaming.

On inspection, the board seems to be identical to the B450M/ac other than the name on the board. But this worries me, because if I want to upgrade to a Ryzen 3000 CPU, I can't find the BIOS update, let alone if the board even supports it.

Is this board just a B450M/ac since it looks the same? Would it be safe to say, install a BIOS from that board? Or would I brick? I'm just confused.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 4:43pm
https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp

Contact ASRock Tech Support and inquire.
snorp09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snorp09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 1:49am
B450M Gaming isn't a motherboard the contact form recognizes, should I select B450M/ac then?

This whole board is so weird.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic