ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AMD CPU overclocking & XMP ram issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSN85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AMD CPU overclocking & XMP ram issues
    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 11:45am
Hi
I recently brought an AsRock B450 Fatality Gaming K4 motherboard to use it with Ryzen 5 2600 processor for a PC build video. Ever since I finished the build & booted up the PC, processor is running @ 3.4Ghz & RAM @ 2133MHz only.
I tried every possible way to overclock the CPU to little like 3.8 to 3.9GHz with 1.3 to 1.35V & RAM also I tried XMP profile 1 which detects my RAM at 3200MHz but as soon as I save it & reboot. The PC starts & shuts 2-4 times and then boots up with same default settings.

I have tried numerous ways with various speeds, voltages for both RAM & processor but it failed.
Later I update the BIOS to P3.50 which I think was a big mistake as after updating I read that for Pinnacle Ridge CPUs no need to BIOS upgrade.

Could you possibly help me with this??? How can I downgrade my BIOS now OR do I need to do it???
What bios version is perfect for 2nd Gen Ryzen CPUs like Ryzen 5 2600 to overclock both CPU & RAM? It is not overclocking even the RAM speeds also not changing with default bios P3.20

Currently its at 3.4Ghz & RAM @ 2133
SSN TKF
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic