ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Installing ASUS Strix GTX970 on ASRock Z77 Pro 4
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Installing ASUS Strix GTX970 on ASRock Z77 Pro 4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil_the_Overkill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Installing ASUS Strix GTX970 on ASRock Z77 Pro 4
    Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 9:36pm
Dear support team,

I currently try to replace my Asus 560 Ti Graphics card with a new Asus Strix GTX 970 graphics card on my ASRock Z77 Pro 4 Motherboard. Other components of note are Intel 3570K, 120 GB SSD, 500GB HDD, 8 GB RAM, DVD Drive, 600W OCZ Power supply.

Unfortunately, the Screen remains entirely black when booting up the system (not even the "ASRock-Bios" sign appears) with the GTX 970 inserted. I have updated the BIOS to version 1.80 (latest downloadable) & flashed the CMOS. NVIDIA Drivers are the latest available (freshly installed under the 560 Ti).
I can rule out having wrong Pins inserted (8-Pin Power connector) and the card is rock solid in the PCI-Express slot. Furthermore, the Bios is set to select PCI-E as primary boot option. There is neither output on the HDMI out nor on either of the DVI out's. - I cannot check Displayport out as my monitor wouldn'taccept it. The HDMI cable is the same that I use with the 560Ti card and transmits the signal without flaw there.

Would you have any idea what I can try to get the system running before having to return the card?

Many Thanks in advance & greetings
Phil
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic