ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Win7 z170 OC formula driver question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Win7 z170 OC formula driver question
    Posted: 19 Nov 2015 at 1:31am
I can install Win7 on my raid Stripe0, 256mb Samsung 951sX3 (715 combined) and boot no problem.

However, when I get into windows I have no USB, No ASmedia Sata ports(no hardrives, no cdrom), and no LAN drivers. 

Does anyone know a GENERIC driver that will work for any of those services just to get one working so I can load all the actual drivers? There are tons of drivers provided with Win7, surely one has to work at least enough to get some functionality from a port.

I was able to install and boot on a SSd and get the drivers on by moving the SSD to another computer and copying the files on to it then reinstalling it in the Z170 and loading the lan driver that was saved to the SSD. But you can't do that with the Raid M.2.

***PARSEC*** 
I haven't duplicated this yet but I installed a sata hardrive on the rig after I had created the Win7 installation on the raid and WHOOOAAA, the raid was erased and unrecoverable even after I removed the hard drive.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic