ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Taichi TR4 X399

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dcmegacab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Taichi TR4 X399
    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 12:12pm
Hi. I have the Taichi X399 TR4 motherboard. I am installing the motherboard today and I have ran into a question here. My case does not have a reset switch, it only has a power switch. I am plugging in the power switch onto the pin on the motherboard and realize my power switch is 2 pin and the Taichi mobo only has 1 pin for power switch. The second pin would have to be GRD, or Ground. So the power switch has a 2 pin and one pin goes into ground? At first glance I did not see any indication as to which pin goes into which side. Does it matter or just put the 2 pin into the switch/ground pins? Do I have to try both ways until it boosts up? The case does not have any indication that I saw. I can read the case manual maybe that will help.
Dcmegacab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dcmegacab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 12:32pm
I am also wondering, will Windows 10 install basic wifi drivers or will I have to put them on a usb memory key for the wifi drivers install?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 4:55pm
It doesn't matter what orientation you connect the power switch. It is a
momentary switch that essentially just shorts the power pins when pressed.
Typically with front panel connectors however, you want the label (writing) on
the connector facing the outside of the board.

Windows should install default drivers for you then if you need the extra
settings that the vendor drivers provide you can just download and install them
from your product page download section. Most people don't need these extra
settings however so I don't usually bother downloading and installing them.
Dcmegacab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dcmegacab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 6:21pm
I see. If the switch pin lettering is facing the outside of the board their will still be two empty pins directly outside of it. Should I reconnect it like that?
Dcmegacab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dcmegacab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 6:28pm
Mayhaps anyone know the best M.2 SSD for this mobo for the supposed 5-10 second boot?
Dcmegacab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dcmegacab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 6:29pm
Does it matter which M.2 slot my main SSD goes to or is it the closest to the cog?
Dcmegacab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dcmegacab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 6:35pm
And I'm looking at Corsair power supplies here, two 650 watt Corsair RMX are actually cheaper than a single 1200 watt PSU and my case has two PSU slots. Would running a 650 watt PSU for the mobo and CPU and a second PSU for the GPU make any difference. I mean does the PSU only activate when the power switch is pressed on the mobo or will the two PSU's be consistently putting out supply and demand electricity?
Dcmegacab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dcmegacab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 7:48pm
Bump . Still have all these questions. And I'm trying to figure out do these AMD TR4 systems run better with faster RAM clock? I'm looking at Corsair RAM which is 180 for 32 gigs @2933 mhz. Then the G. Skill is 3600+ mhz clock but 400$. For maximum performance at 32 gigs of RAM I want the faster clocked RAM?
Dcmegacab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dcmegacab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 7:50pm
And yes, I am looking at the X399 supported RAM website. Though it's pretty confusing. And seems pretty limited. I don't understand why the max is 8 gigs a stick and what the 2/4 slots thing means.
Dcmegacab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dcmegacab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 11:52am
bump
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic