ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

new build wont boot?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busone10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new build wont boot?
    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 1:17pm
hi all. new to building PCs and just finished my first build but it wont boot up. screen just says no signal.

my build list is as follows

- ASRock b450 steel legend MOBO
- AMD ryzen 5 2600 CPU (Pinnacle Ridge)
- Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 RAM
- SanDisk Ultra II 960GB SSD
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GAMING X 4G GPU
- EVGA 650W 80+Gold Certified Power Supply
- Corsair LL120 RGB fans with commander pro
- Corsair H100i v2 Liquid CPU Cooler
- Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic ATX Full Tower Case

when i turn on the power supply the MOBO leds light up but thats all, then when i actually press the power button on the case to turn the system on all fans and leds are on and running (including GPU fans and led) but the screen just says no signal, i have plugged my HDMI cable in the GPU and the MOBO but nothing, i also tested HDMI cable on my laptop and it works fine. i have read a few things about bios needing to be updated to work with newer CPUs? could that be my problem? the box that my MOBO came in says "AMD ryzen 3000 ready" "AMD 2000 ready" and "AMD raven ridge 2 ready"

any help would be tremendously appreciated
gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 1:39pm
the cpu works out of the box no matter which bios you are running a faultly board /bios will not display no signal with the system on or off

i'm guessing the power connectors arent plugged on the gpu or bad case alignment making you think the hdmi is fully plugged
busone10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busone10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 10:00pm
i have checked to make sure the cable is plugged in completely and still no luck. any other suggestions?
Dcmegacab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dcmegacab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 3:03pm
Could be a bad GPU. My GPU that failed would give me a black screen.
gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 3:11pm
a broken gpu would still give a signal connection which is why i suggested gpu power or hdmi not fully plugged due to the case
busone10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busone10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 9:48am
sorry i havent posted back till now, figured id post what my problem was. i simply did not push the CPU power plug in hard enough on MOBO. once i pushed it in hard enough everything worked fine
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic