ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help With Cpu Ratio

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheAndrew579 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help With Cpu Ratio
    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 8:22am
Hi, I need help, my board is Asrock G41M-Vs3 and i cant change cpu ratio, i mean i can change it but if i so, the computer shutsdown after minutes, if i use asrock oc tuner it says the cpu is half the speed it can go, 1200Mhz and the processor can go to 2200Mhz, Is a Pentium dual core E2200, Win 8.1 64Bits, i tried change it on other windows but or it shutdown, or appears bsod, all drivers are installed and i dont know what to do, btw i have 4GB ram, they are Hynix DDR3 1333 but they work at 800Mhz right know, i cant change that too, the cpu ratio, i can low it, and nothing bad happens (Just get more slower) but if i change it up the pc shutdown, also if i change cpu frequency on bios, the pc dont boot, and i have to remove the cmos battery, i dont know if something of voltage or what, i dont have graphic card, just onboar...
I tried sending message to Asrock support but i dont get any answer, just an automated reply, if you help me on this forum i will be very granted.
RLGL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLGL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 11:03pm
Use CPUZ to see what is the real speeds are. Appears you are overclocking, leave the speeds alone until you research what is happening and the relationships to the settings.
Asrock Z370 Gaming K6,Intel i7 8700K,
Asrock x570 Taichi

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 11:30pm
Overclocking is contingent on several factors:

1. The hardware - is overclocking supported on your board/CPU (if you are
crashing when you try to increase the multiplier then it does)
2. Temperatures - If your cooling is inadequate overclocking won't work very
well, if at all.
3. Silicon lottery - How well your CPU itself handles the overclock, this can
vary greatly.

Your system showing 1200mhz is likely only because of low load at the time you
are checking, windows dynamically changes the frequency of your CPU depending
on how much load there is, low load, lower frequency and voltage = lower power
consumption. AS RLGL said, get CPUZ, it will tell you what your CPU is set to.

As for CPU Ratio, that is simply your CPU base clock vs your RAM base clock.
If your CPU is set to 2200mhz and that is 100 x 22 and your RAM is set to 800mhz
8 x 100 then your CPU ratio is 1:1, this is a good ratio and avoids bottlenecks.

By the sound of it, you need to google overclocking how to guides and explanations.
Before you start randomly changing settings, do a bit of research. What I have
mentioned here is just the very tip of the iceberg of what can be a very enjoyable
and rewarding past time
TheAndrew579 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheAndrew579 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2019 at 3:50am
I know what are you talking about, windows changes frequencyes, thats only with speedtest enabled right? i cant activate that because ratio is 6, cpu frequency is on 200x11 not 100x22, i will post the images of asrock oc tuner and cpuZ.
https://imgur.com/a/pUon7QT
badbri View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badbri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 10:53am
First: your board is from 2010 which is getting a bit old even if you bought it new so OC is an issue (boards do not last forever and OC makes them fail faster). Next: Why are you using OC overclock app ?
You should run Hardware Monitor from CPUZ to check your clocks, temps etc. It is free and will tell you what is real. Expect low cpu speed if you are not running something that requires a lot of CPU power. Let it run a bit and and look at the MAX cpu and see if it is not 2200.
https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V9/display.php?id=99573335296
TheAndrew579 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheAndrew579 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 9:04am
Originally posted by badbri badbri wrote:

First: your board is from 2010 which is getting a bit old even if you bought it new so OC is an issue (boards do not last forever and OC makes them fail faster). Next: Why are you using OC overclock app ?
You should run Hardware Monitor from CPUZ to check your clocks, temps etc. It is free and will tell you what is real. Expect low cpu speed if you are not running something that requires a lot of CPU power. Let it run a bit and and look at the MAX cpu and see if it is not 2200.

Look, i use overclock app because thats the only way to change CPU ratio, clock speed is the same because is manual, it never changes, to activate that function i need to max the CPU ratio on BIOS and if i do that the computher wont pass windows logo to shutdown...
I post already the pictures of cpuZ and asrock oc tuner, please check them out...
RLGL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLGL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 11:01pm
sShut down issues are usually caused by the OS
Asrock Z370 Gaming K6,Intel i7 8700K,
Asrock x570 Taichi

badbri View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badbri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 6:46am
Originally posted by TheAndrew579 TheAndrew579 wrote:

I post already the pictures of cpuZ and asrock oc tuner, please check them out...

If I run CPUZ it always shows my lowest possible speed, not the max. If I run CPUID HWmonitor it shows my cpu does reach it's maximum.

cpuZ
https://i.imgur.com/0ayHASC.jpg

HWmonitor
https://i.imgur.com/PWHbTtq.jpg
https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V9/display.php?id=99573335296
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic