ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

BIOS Settings for RAM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheLittleDragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BIOS Settings for RAM
    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 12:50am
Hello,
I have the following system

ASRock AB350M Pro4 Motherboard
AMD A10-9700 CPU
Corsair Vengeance® LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2400MHz C16 Kit RAM

The problem is that UserBenchMark testing says my RAM is dismally slow.

So I am wondering what settings in BIOS might correct this?   Does this Motherboard have a way to set the RANK (dual or single) for the RAM?

The MHz goes to 1200MHz by default (on Auto). What if I manually set the MHz to 2400?

Thanks
bbqicecream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bbqicecream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 4:09pm
Hello,
try Thaiphoon Burner app. Find out wich chips are used in your RAM and google settings.
gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 6:12pm
ok here goes

single rank means there are chips on one side of the ram stick and dual means it has them on both sides

you are running in rated speed of your ram 1200Mhz which is 2400MT/s i know its confusing but its running at rated speed

2400 CL16 is very slow you can do what bbqicecream said and run thaiphoon burner and pray you have good chips
gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 6:20pm
lastly dont use userbenchmark as a performance scale if their top cpu is a Intel Core i5-9400F

and its suggesting me to change my cpu to the previous one that i own
TheLittleDragon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheLittleDragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by bbqicecream bbqicecream wrote:

Hello,
try Thaiphoon Burner app. Find out wich chips are used in your RAM and google settings.

ok.
CPU-Z tells me I have Hynix chips. Is that the same thing or does thaiphoon burner tell me more?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheLittleDragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by gizmic gizmic wrote:

ok here goes

single rank means there are chips on one side of the ram stick and dual means it has them on both sides

you are running in rated speed of your ram 1200Mhz which is 2400MT/s i know its confusing but its running at rated speed

2400 CL16 is very slow you can do what bbqicecream said and run thaiphoon burner and pray you have good chips

ok
I saw another person benchmark much better than mine....same memory I think.

Another person MUCH better RAM Benchmark, same memory?
I don't know why they have MUCH better Multi-Core and Single Core Read and Write Speeds than mine?

Ray62 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ray62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 11:47pm
This other person runs the RAM with 2 of 4 slots set, you with 1 of 4.
And one cannot see which CPU is used.

Please post screenshots from the CPU-Z memory tab and all valid slot infos from the SPD tab.
Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming Offline
Under test:
MSI X570_MEG_ACE | AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Scythe Mugen5 | 2x16GB F4-3200C14D-32GTZ@3466 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheLittleDragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 6:42am
Her is my system UserBenchMark Again...this time with BOTH RAM sticks installed. (Very Sorry)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic