ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Installed new ram now neither old or new ram funct
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Installed new ram now neither old or new ram funct

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sickboysid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Installed new ram now neither old or new ram funct
    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 9:41am
A year+ ago i tried to add some ram and it wouldent work ( nor would the old ram work after I tried the change). Messed with it for an good 8+ hours. Took it apart rebuilt it. Then I left it alone unpowered for 2+ days left it alone and it worked randomly with my new ram ...

Year or two later ( now ) Got some more ram ( same brand ) checked compatibility, checks out from what I saw ( xpg ADATA ddr4 3000 4x8 ( replacing my xpg ADATA 2400 2x8 ) and it did what it did last time.

PC won't launch into bios. Put in the old ram won't launch into bios anymore. The lights and fan works, no beeping errors I can change the color of the lights ( Pretty sure it's a cmos thing ) flipped the little cap and held down the power ,dident work took out the battery and took a 40 minute walk. Still dident work.

I'm fairly sure I dident fry it and the ram I ordered is all the same brand and speed. So the a1 a2 b1 b2 shouldn't matter I would think, that said I still mixed them around just to check.

I mess around with PC's a fair amount but I'm not IT, if anyone has any ideas, please and thank you.

Asrock mother b250m pro4
gtx 1060 3g
i7700
ddr4 2x8 2400
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic