ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Wake On LAN not working for  X570 Phantom Gaming 4
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wake On LAN not working for X570 Phantom Gaming 4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wake On LAN not working for X570 Phantom Gaming 4
    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 8:00am
I've been trying for months to get the Wake On LAN to work for my X570 Phantom Gaming 4 running Windows 10. My only theory is that I'm not using the right port as the documentation does not indicate which port to use. I've tried port 9 and 4343. Can somebody confirm the port?

Here is what I have done:

- Turned "PCIE Devices Power On" in BIOS
- Disabled "Turn on fast startup" in Power and Sleep
- In the Intel ProSet Adapter Configuration Utility, I have enabled Wake on Magic Packet, Wake on Magic Packet from power-off state
- Tried using it with Windows Firewall turned fully off, so it's not blocking packets.
- When the computer is on, I confirmed using Wake-on-LAN Packet sniffer that the packets are being received by the host computer.

From the client computer, I'm using WolCmd.exe. Here is the PowerShell script I've written. When the computer is sleeping, and I run this from the client, it won't startup.

$computer = "LIVINGPC2"
$wake_on_lan_port = 9

& 'C:\Network\WolCmd.exe' 71-86-C2-F1-6D-53 192.168.2.2 255.255.255.0 ${wake_on_lan_port}
FlyingMongoose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FlyingMongoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 6:38pm
Took me a while to get this figured and the in BIOS description isn't all that great, but in the Boot section is "Boot from Onboard LAN", this needs enabled too...

Seems kind of counter intuitive if PCI-E enables it but I guess they separated that in a way.
Randar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 11:24am
After a lot of trial and error, I managed to get Wake On LAN working.

- Instead of using WolCmd.exe, I am using WakeMeOnLan (https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wake_on_lan.html). Not sure why WolCmd.exe did not work.
- Used the computer name instead of the MAC address. I don't know why, but using the MAC never worked.
- It does not seem to startup reliably, so I?™m looping in a way that it is called over and over until the computer starts up
- I am not sure it was required, but I also changed ?œOnly allow a magic packet to wake the computer??to true on the Power Management tab of the network adapter property.
- I also did confirm that the default port is 7

So it seemed to be a number of things until it worked.
vaindil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vaindil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 6:56am
Sorry to necro this thread but it's near the top of search results for this problem.

I'm on an X570 Pro4, basically the same board, and I also had to enable the "Enable PME" setting in the network adapter's Advanced tab. Once I had that enabled (along with everything else mentioned above), WOL started working.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic