ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD and Intel Graphics Card
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rx590 Dual Series Phantom Gaming

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irrdaroth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rx590 Dual Series Phantom Gaming
    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 1:57am
Hey folks.

Seems like my new bought Graphic Card is defective out of the box.
If i run any graphic intensive applications or games the fans speed up to 3400rpm and the temprature of the card going very fast to nearly 80 degrees celcius and suddenly the display turns black and the application that was running got closet with a unknown error.

Now my question is can i change the thermal paste without loosing my warrenty? Because there is this seal on one of the screws (im from germany)
I not rly want to send the card back to the store i bought it.

Had anyone an idea? Actually i used a rx580 from Asus and everything is working fine.

I think the thermal pste is not correct placed on the card.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 2:50am
Which card do you have? There are a few models of RX 590. I don't have any issues
with mine, I have the Phantom Gaming U variant with RGB. As far as I know, GPU
manufacturers are not allowed to void warranty if the sticker is broken but I don't
know if ASRock will have an issue with it. You can send a support ticket to ask:

https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp

They can advise you what to do. Personally, I would just replace the compound
but I don't mind voiding my warranty. I have never had a GPU die on me within
warranty but it could just be luck. There is also the fact that if the problem
isn't the thermal compound you could be in trouble.

Edited by Xaltar - 17 Jan 2020 at 2:51am
Irrdaroth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irrdaroth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 3:06am
I had the ?žR??version i think. Its the big letter on the upper left corner right?
moonstarmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moonstarmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 5:58am
If it has the RGB on the side, you have the Gaming U, if it doesn't it is the Gaming X.

A few questions:
1) What motherboard do you have?
2) What power supply?
3) What drivers are you using?

As for the 3400 RPM, I found I have had to set my speeds manually otherwise the noise is insane. With these cards, high case airflow is a must have. The 590 Gaming X I have usually sits around 75C full load with a 55% Fan speed max setting in the Radeon Adrenaline 2020 settings. Turning on Chill can also help, if you do not mind limiting your FPS. I am using the 19.2.2 drivers. They do have issues, so I have considered rolling back to the 2019 series.

As far as the Warranty Void Stickers, I know in the US they mean nothing and cannot be enforced. Unfortunately, I am uncertain if the same holds true in Germany.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic