ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

IPMI Corruption on E3C226D21

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcriswell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IPMI Corruption on E3C226D21
    Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 11:26am
I am having issues connecting out of band with the IPMI functionality on my E3C226D21 motherboard.  Previously, I was successfully connecting at ip 192.168.1.20.  However, I was not been able to run the remote console.  Many Java issues.  I thought updating the firmware would help.  

I went to the update firmware option and started the process.  It prompted me to browse to an image file.  I was not prepared for this.  I didn't know it would ask me for an image file.  I had no idea where the image file was/is located.  Therefore, I clicked the "cancel" button.  

Now, I can't get the login page to come up when I enter 192.168.1.20 in a Firefox address box.  I assume the upgrade process corrupted my IPMI functionality.  What steps do I need to take to recover from this?
jcriswell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcriswell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 2:45am
OK... update!

I rebooted the server, as I should have, after my aborted attempt to update the firmware.  Not going to touch that again anytime soon.

Now, the larger issue...

I want the remote redirection to work.  I don't really see a point to a remote access control solution unless one is able to control the remote server, out of band.  So, what stands in the way is Java.  The remote console will not run when I click the button.  When I click the button, the UI downloads a jvhelper file and then nothing.  No console, no nothing.

What steps should I take now?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic