ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock x570 Phantom freezing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock x570 Phantom freezing
    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 10:26am
This is my first ASRock MoBo build. After taking hours and hours I finely got it up and running. It would get to almost the end of loading windows 10 pro and then it would just freeze up. The only way was to reset it and then start all over.
Once I did get it loaded the system would lock up within 10 minutes and necessitate a reset. The longest its stayed up has been 35 minutes. I thought at first it was the video card so I changed that out with a new one and the problem persists. The screen simply locks up and the mouse freezes and I get a blank green screen within a few minutes. The system pops and the screen flickers and then it looks like white noise. I tested the ram and no issues were found. I tested the H/D and no issues were found. The Power supply checks out fine. I'm at my whits end on this.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
My Build:
AMD 7 3700x
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin SDRAM PC4-28800 DDR4 3600MHz CL18-22-22-42 1.35V Desktop Memory Model F4-3600C18D-16GVK
MSI Computer V809-2277R Video Card (GTX 1050 TI 4GT OC)
Noctua NH-D15 SE-AM4, Premium Dual-Tower CPU Cooler for AMD AM4 (Brown)
SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS 500GB Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-V7S500B/AM
be quiet! Pure Power 11 600W CM, 80 PLUS Gold, silence-optimized 120mm be quiet! fan, user-friendly cable management, DC/DC, two 12V Rails
Windows 10 Pro January 2020.

RLGL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLGL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 10:39pm
Is the ram on the QVL? Clear cmos settings, try to run withe the defaults
Asrock Z370 Gaming K6,Intel i7 8700K,
Asrock x570 Taichi

Ruger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 3:29am
Dang.....Never even occurred to me that the RAM I purchased wouldn't be compatible! I checked the QVL and my RAM doesn't show up.

I just ordered Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 Desktop Memory Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16) One of the listed RAMs. I'll let you know if that was the problem.
Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Ruger
Shagbark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shagbark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 9:28am
I have an Extreme4 mobo, and noticed that it doesn't automatically set the RAM voltage correctly; it just defaults to 1.2v. That GSkill RAM you already have wants 1.35v.
Ruger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 9:44am
Thanks for the tip. Tomorrow I'll have a look in the Bios and see what they read.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Ruger
Ruger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 6:13am
Well swapped out the ram for one that is in the QLV. Cleared the cmos and the problem is still there.
Could this be a defective MoBo? I've already gone through RAM and a new CPU, What could be left?
Synapse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synapse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 8:16am
Are you running 3200 XMP? The issue is not necessarily in the motherboard, the CPU memory controller also have significant impact. If you run XMP, then try switching to auto/JEDEC 2400 memory profile, and see if you still have stability issues. If not, then you will probably need to do more tweaking to get XMP running stable, e.g. trying lower VDDP than gets set on auto.
Synapse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synapse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 8:29am
One thing to try to fix get this kind of "lazy" instability issue without adjusting any voltages and whatnot is enabling the "Gear Down Mode" for memory first with the default 1T command rate, and then if that does not help, setting 2T memory command rate. The performance impact of this is minimal, but it helps with memory stability at higher clock rates.
Bryo84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryo84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 5:26pm
Hey I was wondering if you fixed the issues you were having with this motherboard I am having the same exact issues and I cannot figure out how to fix it
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic