ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Install guides

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Install guides
    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 8:56pm
Hello, and please excuse my rudeness.

It's been about 2 month since i bought asrock a320m-hdv and as an idiot guy i tought that installing new motherboard is like replacing my cloths just plug and play, which ends up pretty bad for my old pc.
Now things are calm and i want to properly upgrade my pc with the asrock a320m-hdv motherboard. The thing is the last time i tried to install win7 64 bit, the windows cannot recognize my harddisk while the bios did. And from other forum post i learned that to install win7 with this motherboard i need to patch 1st.

However I'm totally stuck in this process, the reason is i have limited tool to use. For now i have a 500gb harddisk, usb dvd reader, win7 installation dvd, usb & p/s2 mouse, p/s2 keyboard, and my old running pc. Can someone guide me how to install my pc properly? Like do i need to format my harddisk to gpt 1st or mbr is okay? And how to patch my motherboard to make it able to install windows. Thank you
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic