ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Can't enter the bios when the PCIe-NVMe adapter ca
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can't enter the bios when the PCIe-NVMe adapter ca

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andromed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can't enter the bios when the PCIe-NVMe adapter ca
    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 6:29am
I have a problem with the mainbaord.
When I have a PCIe to M.2-SSD adapter in the PCIe x16 slot, I can't call the bios. Then the system boot in the biospost hangs at code 99 and nothing happens.

Also "Restart to Uefi" has the same problem. The possible Windows 10 variants, in order to be able to call the Bios, I already tried and did not work.
Only when I remove the PCIe card with the SSD from the PCIe slot, the bios opens as usual.

hardware:
Asrock H110m-HDVr3.0
Onboard graphics (Pentium G4600)
Bios P7.40 (penultimate version)
ICY BOX IB-PCI214M2-HSL (in PCIe x16 slot)
Toshiba OCZ RD400

The motherboard has no M.2 slot, but supports NVMe-SSD via PCIe adapter from the bios.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Edited by ASRock_TSD - 17 Mar 2020 at 11:42am
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 12:09pm
Dear Andromed,

Thank you for posting your query to ASRock forum.

This motherboard does not support M.2, thus, when M.2 is used, it might not work properly.

However, you can try the following setting to see if the system will allow you to boot from M.2.

Boot\CSM\Disabled.

Make sure to press F10 to save the changes.

If the problem persists, kindly use SATA SSD on the system.

With thanks,
ASRock TSD

Edited by ASRock_TSD - 18 Mar 2020 at 3:25pm
Andromed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andromed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 1:48am
@ ASRock_TSD

Sorry, bad clue. M.2 is the physcal surface, not the technical standard.

And of course it does support NVMe-SSD (in any variation, when it is NVMe-Protocoll-controlled.

quote out of the Specifications:

Slots:
- 1 x PCI Express 3.0 x16 Slot (PCIE2: x16 mode)*
- 1 x PCI Express 2.0 x1 Slot

*Supports NVMe SSD as boot disks

https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H110M-HDV%20R3.0/

And this is the case with my PC: It works fine as Bootdisk with Windows 10 (and probably all other Operating systems).

CSM is disabled. Because its necessary for ordinary Windows(10)-Installation on this storage medium Standard.

And all that couldnĀ“t explain, why the Bios did not open, but the operating system starts and works fine.

Z170 is the Full-Standard of this Generation. H110 only a reduced version. If the Z170 could work with NVMe, then H110 can to, except it is intended to be cancled out of functionality.
But why it did not open the bios, while it did operates fine?
Maybe some blurred protocolls for NVMe? Or premeditated implemented Bug in the Bios?
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 9:55am
Dear Andromed,

Thanks for the reply.

You are right!
Allow us to check this further and we will get back to you.

With thanks,
ASRock TSD
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 3:24pm
Dear Andromed,

We have been checking into this case.

A Beta BIOS 7.52 has been released, kindly use instant flash method to flash the BIOS.

The BIOS can be downloaded from the link below:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WnRJNi32y8X4uzujMPwyh9v1iEetdTiR

Hopefully, this fix can solve the problem that you have.

With thanks,
ASRock TSD
Andromed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andromed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 4:54am
I wonder about the betaBios-release, that is not releaed on Support-site of the motherboard:
https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H110M-HDV%20R3.0/index.asp#BIOS

Can i use this for shure and with no risk of failure?
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 1:47pm
Dear Andromed,

Thanks for the reply.

Kindly be noted that flashing the BIOS whether it is official BIOS or it is BETA BIOS will always have risks.

However, it is required to use the BIOS 7.52 to allow the system to enter the BIOS while PCIe to M.2 card is installed.

With thanks,
ASRock TSD

Edited by ASRock_TSD - 08 Dec 2020 at 1:48pm
hippo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hippo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 3:09am
I have the same problem with Asrock H110M-DVS R3.0
I upgraded BIOS to 7.40, but still can't enter bios when booting with nvme m.2 disc.
Velmerk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Velmerk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2023 at 5:12pm
I have the same problem as topic starter.
Please give me link to beta bios.
Thank you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic