ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - F-Stream missing temperature points on Fan Tuning
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

F-Stream missing temperature points on Fan Tuning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmy327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: F-Stream missing temperature points on Fan Tuning
    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 2:10am
So, I'm sitting at my computer watching TV and suddenly ALL of my fans speed up to 100%. my top case fan starts making a violent rattling noise and I start looking trying to figure out what happened.

After troubleshooting, I found that F-Stream thought both the motherboard and the CPU were at 130C and spun all fans up to 100%.   I checked other sources and they all were showing my CPU temp at about 45*. I rebooted, and the computer came back up and temp showed right, but all fans were still at 100%. That's when I went into FAN-Tastic Tuning and saw all of my temperature graphs were messed up. Most of them had fans starting at 80% and going up to 100% around 20*-ish

I reset all of my temp graphs, but one fan only shows two temperature points. the graph goes up and out the corner, and I can't get more than two points to appear.   Does anyone know how to get the rest of the points to appear/generate so I can graph it out properly.

Here's what the primary CPU fan looks like:
https://imgur.com/7PSy2o3

and this is what the secondary CPU Fan looks like (same fan model)
https://imgur.com/0NjrEEH

Any help would be appreciated. Until now I've never had an issue with the tool
jimmy327 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmy327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 2:51am
my images didn't post right:

good fan

bad fan
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 2:38pm
Dear Jimmy,

Thanks for posting your query to ASRock forum.

Regarding your question, kindly try to remove extra software that will monitor/sensor/control the system.

Those software might interfere with one another which may sometime lead to software not working properly.

Once the software has been uninstalled, please reinstall the f-stream utility and try.

If the problem persists, it is recommended to clean install the Win10.

With thanks,
ASRock TSD
jimmy327 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmy327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 10:11am
I don't use any other software to control the fans. This software has worked fine for about 2 years when I built the system. The other night, it suddenly went haywire and lost all the settings.

Everything is working, except that ONE fan control only has 2 adjustable temperature points.   There is nothing that an external software could cause your software to only give me 2 adjustable points. It's controlling the speed just fine, it just will only let me set two temperature thresholds on that ONE fan. That's not a hardware issue, that's not an external software issue.

and i'm not going to do a clean win10 install because your software only gives me two data points. I'll just install different software at that point. I can try to reinstall the app, but that seems overkill just to get the temperature threshold.   The only thresholds I have available are T1 and T2. I do not have T3, T4, or TCritical thresholds for that fan, and that fan only. It's like they're off the chart or something.

again, it's not an issue with it not controlling the fan. the problem is the software won't let me set the temperature threshold.
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 10:34am
Dear Jimmy327,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you provide the model name for us?
Also, the BIOS version as well.

We will check into it.

With thanks,
ASRock TSD
jimmy327 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmy327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 11:23am
ASRock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming K6
currently running BIOS Version P1.30

I've considered upgrading bios but have not had a need to do so before now.

I did notice that when opening Fantastic tuning from Bios, that the fan has all 5 temperature points available. When opening it in Windows. It does not. At this point I suspect it's the windows software and not a hardware/firmware issue.   I will attempt to uninstall/reinstall and see if that restores the functionality.

jimmy327 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmy327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 5:16am
reinstalling the software restored the temperature point; however I encountered a new issue with my fans spinning up and spinning down randomly.

I found the motherboard temp was sometimes showing as high as 104C and even saw the CPU reporting as 118C inside the application.   All other temperature monitors showed normal temperatures around 40C.

I went in and set temperature curves in the Fan-Tastic Tuning in the BIOS directly and uninstalled F-stream. It's a bit more of a hassle as I now have to reboot to change settings, but I haven't had any further issues since.

i'm still thinking about upgrading BIOS but I'm not sure if it is worth the hassle.   Either way, at this point, using BIOS to set my OC settings and Fan settings seems to be working.
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 11:30am
Dear Jimmy327,

Thanks for the feedback.
We have checked with following configuration, however, we are not able to reproduce the same symptom.

Win10 1909
BIOS 1.30
CPU 8400
All of the fan headers are tested.
F-Stream (v3.0.184)

Since the F-Stream on your side is showing the temperature as high as 118C, the fan should be operating at maximum speed.

What we can try is reinstall the F-Stream again.

Make sure that all of the files under the following path are deleted.
Computer\Local Disk\Program File(x86)\ASRock Utility\A-Tuning

F-Stream (v3.0.184)
https://download.asrock.com/Utility/F-Stream/F-Stream(v3.0.184).zip

If the problem persists, clean installing Win10 is recommended.

With thanks,
ASRock TSD

Edited by ASRock_TSD - 14 Apr 2020 at 11:31am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic