ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASrock H170 Fatality, Power LED

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScaryCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASrock H170 Fatality, Power LED
    Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 9:22pm
Hi, sorry in advance for asking a noob questions, but this is my first built and I think it is safer to check before I make a stupid mistake an burn my new PC lol

For the power LED, my case (IN Win 503) got both the 3 pin connector and the 2 pin connector (the 2 pin are connected to the 3 pin connector, and then the 3 pin connector go to the front panel). My motherboard is ASRock H170 Fatality, and in the manual it got Power LED shown in both PANEL1 and SPK_PLED1. Am I supposed to connect both? If I only need to connect 1 of the 2, should I connect the 2 pin to PANEL1 or 3 pin to SPK_PLED1???

Also, for the motherboard speaker, is there +ve and ?“ve?? Or it can be plug in either way???

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 9:43pm
PLED to "System Panel Header (9-pin PANEL1)". Only one is needed, not both.

Speaker to "Power LED and Speaker Header (7-pin SPK_PLED1)" RED wire to +5V and BLACK wire to Speaker terminals. Though I've read it really doesn't matter polarity wise.

HTH there noob. Just kidding. Hey, I was once posting questions like that too. We all were at the beginning.

Have fun and enjoy
< id="kpm_plugin" ="application/x-KPMPlugin">
ScaryCrow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScaryCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 5:35pm
Thanks wardog :D
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 6:39pm
I take it you have it under control now :)

Enjoy

ps: We all started there. Relax a bit and learn by doing and or asking. It doesn't come overnight, that's for sure.
< id="kpm_plugin" ="application/x-KPMPlugin">

Edited by wardog - 03 Dec 2015 at 6:41pm
ScaryCrow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScaryCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 8:33pm
Well, I got the Power LED thing sorted, but now got other problem :(

I putted everything together, but when I turn it on I got nothing on screen and after around 5 seconds, it give me 6 beep (it is more like two 3-beep, so it goes like this: Beep-Beep-Beep---Beep-Beep-Beep). I looked it up, 6 beep is keyboard error, but I have no idea how to fix it.

I confess, I forgot to plug in my keyboard when I started it the very first time. But after looking up the error code, I have tried a PS2 keyboard and a USB keyboard, both still give me the 6 beeps :( How can I fix this now? Do I meed to clean CMOS???
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic