ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

3 and 4 pin RGB problems and help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TR2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3 and 4 pin RGB problems and help
    Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 2:25pm
New to posting here. I am an ASROCK fan and have built many desktops with them. I have a Fatality B450 Gaming K4 mobo and I like RGB fans. This board has 2 4pin and 1 3pin(addressable) rgb headers. My AIO cooler is Coolermaster LC240E-RGB(4pin). I have 3 MF120 Halo Duo-ring addressable RBG(3pin). Cool fans. I have had a little trouble with the setup. So for anyone needing help I offer these tips. The arrows on the rgb fan connector needs to be seated on the motherboard to match with right pin on the 4pin. The connector to the fans have arrows to line the up on the 4 pin also. All arrows need to line up. Went a couple of days looking at my 2 aio cooler fans out of color sync. I have flashed the polychrome rgb after loosing all lights. It works, I like the simple one: open boot drive C: Local disk(for some)>program files (x86)>Asrock utility>Asrrgbled>Bin-----run WriteFW(batch file) and it will flash the rgb. My board shows nu51_2.10 in that file as the polychrome bios. Now I also had the Addressable rgb lights stay on in hibernation. Not sure its fixed will see. Used the fix in the forum----Turn off fast boot in windows and go in bios and enable deep sleep and save. I enabled S4 and S5. There is an option to enable S5 only. We will see. Here is my question. Is there anyway to sync all the RGB with the software. Each one, memory, pch sink(red only on this board), addressable rgb and rgb have different settings. I would at least like to sync all the fans. All the fans are Coolermaster although not the same model(2 4pin and 3 halo 3pin). If I had all 3pins or 4pins would that do it? Can I run 5 of the same addressable rgb fans off the 3pin header. I have 2 4pins headers but will they sync? Just want to see what board and software will do without dropping a lot of money on fans. One other question, can I use a 4 pin rgb mother board connector and use a 3pin splicer to hook up 3pin rgb fans? Thats it.

Tks
TR2
TR2
TR2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TR2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 12:47pm
Well since I have not received any replies, I thought I would let you know what I found out. You can not mix 3pin addressable RGB and 4pin RGB. On the 3pin there is power-gnd-sense and on 4pin you have power-red-green-blue, at least that I remember reading. Both can be controlled by software but they are controlled in different ways. On my Fatality B450 Gaming K4 you need to disable" led on in S5" in the advanced menu. This will allow rgb on fans to turn off in sleep. I still can not get the RAM RGB to turn off in sleep. Any help?
TR2
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 3:38pm
I'm afraid I don't really use the RGB on my systems and favor non RGB components
where possible. One of the reasons is the complete and utter lack of any kind of
unifying standard across manufacturers. It makes it a real PITA to get things to
play nice together.

Thanks for sharing the fan solution. As for the RAM, I am not sure you can turn
the RGB off during sleep through BIOS, the RAM remains powered in the sleep state in
order to retain your system snapshot for when you wake the system. I am not sure
what determines the power to the RAM LEDs, if it is the motherboard then the S5
setting you disabled should have done the trick. In that case the RAM itself must
have it's own controller and config. Maybe have a look at it's software.

Edited by Xaltar - 21 Apr 2020 at 3:39pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic