ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fans but no Boot/Monitor Output - Help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fans but no Boot/Monitor Output - Help!
    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 6:56am
My son and I bought and built a gaming PC for him, but we're having issues and could use some help from the pros. I haven't built a PC since the Pentium age, and he's a first timer.

The fans are lit and spinning, but that's all the action we can see. No beeps or noises when we power up, and no image from the PC to the monitor. The monitor is powered on and showing the AOC logo, then it says "no signal."

I've seen similar posts on this forum and across the web, and so I tried the following:
- removing and re-seating the graphics card
- removing and replacing the RAM, making sure it is clicked in on both sides
- removing the CMOS battery and then putting it back in
- removing and reattaching the CPU power and the motherboard power
- tried the HDMI output in both the graphics card and the motherboard

I suspect it isn't a display issue, but rather a motherboard or power issue. The graphics card doesn't seem to have separate power supply that I can find.

Any advice to save the day?

Components:
- B450 Pro4 ATX AMD motherboard
- AMD Ryzen 5 3600
- Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1650 4G graphics card
- Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200 ram
- Inland Premium 512GB SSD 3D NAND 2280 PCIe NVMe
- Corsair CX Series 650w 80 Plus Semi-modular PSU
- Thermaltake v200 RGB case
- AOC Freesync monitor with HDR

Thanks in advance!

ThreeDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 9:38am
onboard HDMI port will not display anything without a CPU that doesn't have integrated graphics ..ie .. 2200g, 3400g ..etc .. 3600 doesn't not have a built in graphics chip.

That being said .. make sure your HDMI cable is plugged in all the way to video card and monitor ports. .. Have you tried a different HDMI cable ..and/or a DP cable?

Make sure RAM is in slots A2 and B2 .. if they are . .try booting with just one stick of RAM installed.

You could try reseating the CPU.
You could try removing everything from the case and hook everything up outside the case on a non-conductive surface.

Be sure to read through your motherboards manual as well so you know for sure what goes where ..etc.
|Ryzen 5 5900|ASRock X570 Taichi-BIOS 4.60|2x16GB HyperX Predator RGB 3200@3600 1:1 IF|ASRock RX 6700XT|2 x PCIe 4.0 M.2 Drives for OS & Games|850 WTT Seasonic 80+ Titanium PSU|Noctua NH-D15|
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 10:10am
try the gpu in the lower pcie slot and test for boot
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
thepaul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2020 at 4:06am
Thanks you two! We are up and running.

I tried the GPU in a different slot, and that didn't work. Then I booted with one stick of ram, and hit reset, and it worked.
Then put the other back in and it still worked. I thought I seated them well, because I read a bunch of articles on my issues that called it out. But it must have been the issue.

Thanks for all your help. I have a happy little guy right now setting up his system.

This community rocks.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic