ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AMD x370 Killer SLI/ac POWER SUPPLY

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tormented Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AMD x370 Killer SLI/ac POWER SUPPLY
    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 1:53am
First, I get it that this MB is not the newest, top of the line MB, but its what I could afford when trying to upgrade my system.

New box; ZALMAN ATX mid-tower Z9 NEO PLUS

New CPU; AMD RYZEN 5 3600

New MB; ASRock X370 Killer SLI/ac

Here is the problem. I did my backups, changed everything over, powered it up, lights on the board are on when I go to turn on the computer ..... nothing. My old PSU is only 500 W so I am thinking this is too small.
I just purchased this Thermaltake - SMART 700W ATX 80 Plus Power Supply I have not picked it up yet. Will this be big enough? Should I be looking elsewhere for the problem?
I know just enough to be dangerous so I could use any suggestions anyone has.

Thanks
Suzie
Suzie
ackslay94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ackslay94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 2:56am
I don't have a direct answer for you, but I can offer my experience with a similar mobo and PSU wattage.

I'm running on X370, but on a Taichi. A 650W PSU has been pretty solid for my CPU + single GPU. Are you utilizing the SLI capabilities of your mobo?
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 4:17am
ok a few things to clear up
first are you using a gpu (graphics card) as the onboard ports dont work with a ryzen3600

second
the bios version for the motherboard need to be one of the very very new ones
or it cant boot with the 3600 as as far as its concered its a cpu time traveller that it cant talk to with a 2017/2018 year bios
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic