ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X470 taichi, sb temps and fan noise

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snoozles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X470 taichi, sb temps and fan noise
    Posted: 08 May 2020 at 8:13pm
Hello

I recently put together this build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Tv9WCL

Been running this system a monthh and during this time i've always had high sb tempratures and rpm on fan (and noise).

Im consistenly seeing 67-70c on sb and its pretty much going at 4500-5000 rpm whenever the computer is turned on.

I have a GPU slotted into the PCI port that is not on top of the intake for air, here are some images of the insides: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1OkNl7TevK9Fw8aEiHr-T4EnI5cVFXAHJ?usp=sharing

I've heard a horrible grinding noise twice when booting the computer. Heard this 2 days in a row but havent heard it for a few days (i highly suspect it was the SB fan).

Are these temps and rpm's normal? They seem awfully high..

Currently trying to troubleshoot my GPU also, which means i have to move it into the PCI slot so that the intake to the sb fan has less air around it, and im afraid the temps will get too high..

Anyone who can help out? Feel free to instruction me to run test and post results or how to find a provide specific information you might want to know to help

Synapse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synapse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 12:01pm
The max safe temperature is 90C. Even 80 is totally fine. Tune the SB fan curve in UEFI to be tolerable. I have the fan turned off completely unless the temp is 75, and then it spins at 30%, which is inaudible. Only if the temp is 85+ it set to run at 100%, but this never happens in my case.
Snoozles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snoozles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 4:27pm
Just heard the horrible grinding noise again. Unfortunately i didnt manage to see which fan it was, but i heard the noards have this issue?
Snoozles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snoozles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 4:28pm
Also, the mb is x570, i wrote the topic title wrong.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic