ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

RGB software is trash

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Hairy Canary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RGB software is trash
    Posted: 22 May 2020 at 9:53am
the polychrome RGB software is trash, keeps asking to make changes and freezing up on a 'detecting peripherals' screen.   Let me guess, you think some other software is bothering it. May I please have firefox on the PC as well? Do I have Asrocks permission?   
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 10:08am
Dear Hairy Canary,

Thank you for posting.

Was the software able to launch at all when installed?
If it was, can you recall any software that was installed after that may have caused such an issue? We will check into it.

Also, kindly provide the model name of the motherboard and software version that you are using for us.

With thanks,
ASRock TSD

Edited by ASRock_TSD - 22 May 2020 at 10:08am
The Hairy Canary View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Hairy Canary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 11:11am
it never launched, froze up on the first screen. As far as other software, please refer back to my sarcasm in the first post and don't nose try to use my time looking for scapegoats. If you want to admit the software is trash and you don't care, feel free, but don't think you're going to put it on me. It's not that important, it's RGB software, if it doesn't play nice with something else, it's trash.

z390 extreme4, whichever version was on your support/downloads page an hour ago
yuanyasmine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yuanyasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 11:21am
I've had a similar issue with Polychrome RGB app hanging at the splash screen saying "detecting peripherals led controller" after I updated the app to the latest version, tried to reinstall and flash the firmware, nothing worked.

It turned out if you leave it hanging for 10 minutes or more, it will open eventually and it works! Just don't end the task until it opens.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Hairy Canary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 1:03pm
thanks for posting, I tried it, did not work in my case, but thanks
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 3:01pm
Dear Hairy Canary,

Thanks for your reply.
Sorry to hear that RGB was not working properly on your system.

If flashing the FW will not work, kindly try with Win10 clean install.

Otherwise, the RGB hardware on the motherboard might need to be checked, kindly contact the store where the motherboard was purchased from to check the motherboard for you.

With thanks,
ASRock TSD

Edited by ASRock_TSD - 22 May 2020 at 3:02pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Hairy Canary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 8:25pm
What are you talking about? How do I flash the firmware? I see you?™re getting ready to quit on me, blame windows or the hardware. Great attitude you have. How did you reach adulthood with that attitude? I don?™t know whether to be disgusted or jealous.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Hairy Canary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 8:28pm
Also are you out if your mind? You think I?™m going to take the board out of the case, send it back to some BS vendor and they?™ll find a problem? You know you?™re full of crap and I know it. If Asrock is convinced it?™s defective, send me another one. Otherwise, why is your software trash?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Hairy Canary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 11:54am
Ok, figured it out. Not going to post the answer, asrock doesn?™t deserve it. You could have saved ne time and frustration but you didn?™t. Opportunity list now. This forum is a waste of time. Try putting in some effort and earning things, you?™ll feel great about yourselves.
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 3:00pm
Dear Hairy,

Thanks for the reply.

We are glad that the problem was solved!
Sorry, we couldn't reply to you sooner.

We will try to get back to you as soon as we can after we are back from the weekends.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

With thanks,
ASRock TSD
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic